Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/3/2016 12:00:32 PM EDT
Please let me know if a Midwest Industries AK47/74 Universal Rail fits on the AMD 63 being sold by Classic Firearms-- (https://www.classicfirearms.com/amd-63-7-62x39-rifle-with-solid-stock-phoenix-stock-type2)  without reshaping on my part.
I have an email in to MI.  Other vendors selling the rail don't know.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
It should, if the rail is the AK, not the SVD style.

You may need to adjust the mount, but it is easy to do with the screw down mount system.   Push up from bottom against the spring pressure, rotate the top nut in or out to adjust the pre-tight of the mount, and when you have it just barely loose, your side lever will swing and lock it up tight in the mount.

Don't have a AMD to test, but my MI mounts work well on every different AK I've tried, (Saiga / Russian), Romanian, Bulgarian)

Like I said, you may to to adjust for your individual rail (easy to do) but the MI locks up tight and holds well.

Hope this Helps!

EDITED - I misunderstood the question

The AMD for sale has no side rail, thus will not work with a MI Side Mount Optic Mount

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank for the info, Craig I appreciate it!
Gary
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
My rifle is the exact same one as yours and this is  what I did to mine. I prowled through EBAY AND FIGURED THIS OUT ON MY OWN.You need  to purchase a Steel Side Plate For AK/Saiga Family Rifle Scope Mount  -- you can get that on EBAY. Then you need a good  work bench, a vice, a good drill and a sharp new drill bit and nerves of steel  Once you get that plate attached to the left   side of your rifle. Then you can put a Tactical Rail Side Mount  on your rifle which had the rails you want  for the scope and flashlight or whatever--that you want for your rifle. I am new to the site so you may want to check with the veterans on here to see  if what I did to my rifle is okay to do to yours.  I thought about taking it all to a gun smith to do the drilling but gunsmiths want more money than I have-- so I gambled.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371726548635?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172185651516
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I replaced the rear sight on mine with a rail and put a micro-dot on it. Works great and is the best thing I've done with the AMD65.

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top