Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/1/2016 5:17:12 PM EDT
What is correct sling for a Hungarian AK63D underfolder!  Is it leather like Romanians, or is it canvas like everyone else?  Picked up a complete spare Hungarian AK63 bolt assembly, Hungarian bayonet, and Hungarian 5 cell mag bag.  Thought I might as well get the correct sling as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Duh....  Googled it, and found it was leather with a belt type buckle.  Picked up a new old stock one with a little surface rust on Ebay for $5.69 + $2.75 shipping.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Hungarian leather sling

If that was the sling you found, that is correct.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, that's it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Speaking of leather slings, did the Hungarians ever treat them with neatsfoot oil or anything?  I heard the Germans used Balistol to clean their weapons and treat the leather.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Speaking of leather slings, did the Hungarians ever treat them with neatsfoot oil or anything?  I heard the Germans used Balistol to clean their weapons and treat the leather.
View Quote

I imagine any leather conditioner would be great. It's leather.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ptLsdBY.jpg
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top