Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2016 12:57:05 PM EDT
Does anyone here sell the modified gas tube?

Will this look right compared to a standard AKM type hungarian?

Or am I better off getting a WASR or an Interarms for the regular furniture....?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Only the lower hand guard will fit. For the upper hand guard, you can use a standard one but you'll have to make a gas tube out of a standard one. A wood stock will not fit at all - you would have to remove the rear trunion and install a standard one. If you haven't already bought an AMD65 I would advise you to get something else. On second thought there is a new version of it with fixed stock and polymer hand guards. I can't recall who sells it but its mentioned either here or in 'AK Discussion'.

It was the 'DDI' rifle sold by Atlantic but they are sold out now. It has the standard-length gas system, not the short AMD65 gas system so it takes a standard gas tube and hand guard. They do have a good selection of others in the $600 range. I liked the one that looked like a Hungarian SA85M.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top