Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/7/2016 6:01:00 PM EDT
I got interested in an original post-ban SA85M on GB and there were three or four on there at the same time. They are going for about $800. For you guys who like to modify them to look like a pre-ban, you might bear in mind that you are probably killing value. But after the one I was interested in went higher than $650, I decided I really don't need another one. The only FEG I have left is the AMD65 (SA2000M) with original barrel. These things are now just as high as the original post bans.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I see them selling in the 600-800 range. I still think that is a good deal. I wouldn't say de-ban hurts the value but I would say that it won't increase it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one years ago and threaded it with the kits that were going around after the ban.
They are nice rifles. I'd probably pick up another if I found it for $650.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one years ago and threaded it with the kits that were going around after the ban.
They are nice rifles. I'd probably pick up another if I found it for $650.
View Quote

Me too, but them days are over, at least on Gunbroker. $800-$900 for the original ones with thumbhole stock. Even the good AMD65 with original barrel and FEG receiver are now pushing $1000.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Hungarian SA-85 that I bought right after the ban went into effect. I also had a MAC 90, and a Romanian AK 74, already changed over by Century. Then I built an AK 47 semi auto. They are all gone now, but The SA 85. I kept all of the original parts, but converted it over to a no ban rifle. I put a K-Var NATO length stock on it, Tapco G2 trigger group, and bought a jig and die and threaded the barrel. This was before my health shot craps. The other AKs I sold went during the excitement when that guy living in the White House got elected. I was stunned by how much they went for. How much do you think I would get if I sold it now?  Yet something still tells me to keep it. Opinions?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought one in excellent condition back in 2000. Shot it a couple times at most but haven't touch it for about 15 years (beside annual cleaning). I shot my other modified AKs and therefore absolutely have no interest in it. Will definitely be selling it shortly.

Yg
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a Hungarian SA-85 that I bought right after the ban went into effect. I also had a MAC 90, and a Romanian AK 74, already changed over by Century. Then I built an AK 47 semi auto. They are all gone now, but The SA 85. I kept all of the original parts, but converted it over to a no ban rifle. I put a K-Var NATO length stock on it, Tapco G2 trigger group, and bought a jig and die and threaded the barrel. This was before my health shot craps. The other AKs I sold went during the excitement when that guy living in the White House got elected. I was stunned by how much they went for. How much do you think I would get if I sold it now?  Yet something still tells me to keep it. Opinions?

Thanks,
Mark
View Quote

The thing is, you have an AK that was made in the Hungarian AK factory with most of the same parts and the same people as the mil-issues. Because these rifles were of excellent military quality and were factory built and imported as whole, finished guns, think of how you could possibly get the same quality today. But don't waste much time thinking, because you can't get that anymore - too many bans. Now if that matters to you at this point you would keep it. If not, you could probably get $800 if it's in nice shape.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Me too, but them days are over, at least on Gunbroker. $800-$900 for the original ones with thumbhole stock. Even the good AMD65 with original barrel and FEG receiver are now pushing $1000.
View Quote
I've got an Ironwood set for an SA85M that has an intermdiate length stock, still virgin. $150 with all hardware. If this violates ruled, I apologize. Same user under AKfiles in the MP.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Prices are rising because it is ALL FEG OEM built, not some hog dodge of parts here and there with US made barrels and US made receivers.

Current Hungarian rifles now are just that.

Nobody is importing FEG rifles right now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got interested in an original post-ban SA85M on GB and there were three or four on there at the same time. They are going for about $800. For you guys who like to modify them to look like a pre-ban, you might bear in mind that you are probably killing value. But after the one I was interested in went higher than $650, I decided I really don't need another one. The only FEG I have left is the AMD65 (SA2000M) with original barrel. These things are now just as high as the original post bans.
View Quote
I put an east german stock, opened the mag well and adjusted the mag catch on my 2000m.

Very nice shooting ak.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top