Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/4/2016 7:44:34 PM EDT
Anyone bout the Hungarian from classic arms?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't fight the gun, let the gun do the fighting for you.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sting like a bee. Sorry about that let me rephrase the question. Has anyone owned one and how are they quality wise.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't help with either one, Classic sells two Hungarian models: AMD-63 and AMD-65 both made by the same company CII which I do not know. You'll probably find more info here:

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/26-hungarian
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The new ones have the original FEG receiver, but come in with a silly long barrel.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The new ones have the original FEG receiver, but come in with a silly long barrel.
View Quote

Are there any out there with the 16"?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I would like to know more about these Classic Firearms AMD 63 rifles. $499.99 seams like a smoking deal. Who is CII?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 1:45:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, that isn't a silly long barrel, that's a standard length 16" barrel. The gas tube is shorter and the gas block moved further back on the barrel as a result. Although it is the incorrect length for that type of AK, it isn't longer than normal. The muzzle break doesn't help hide the length either...
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#8]
How is the build quality on these? As a second Ak (first is DDI) is it GtG? I can live with the extended length of the barrel. I just do not know anything about the company making them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never heard of CII, perhaps an email to Classic is in order. It's probably a local builder. Aha, it's Clearview Investments Inc.!

I googled "Cii ak-47" and found this:
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215607

If you really want an AMD-65, get one with a shortened barrel and the extended muzzle brake that makes it 16" overall length.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I have both the amd63 and 65. The build quality is good.  Fit it good.  They have non chrome lined 4140 steel barrels.  Tapco triggers. My 63 is silky smooth,  but the 65 needed some polishing inside and sanding on the rails.  Great for the price

Here is my tabletop
https://youtu.be/HHCAHO0PbrU
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:36:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Clearview Investments Inc. is owned by the same guy that owns Centerfire Systems. I was curious about these so I called him last week and he says that he bought the remaining FEG arsenal stock and built these just for Classic Arms with some U.S. parts and non-CL barrels.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Clearview Investments Inc. is owned by the same guy that owns Centerfire Systems. I was curious about these so I called him last week and he says that he bought the remaining FEG arsenal stock and built these just for Classic Arms with some U.S. parts and non-CL barrels.
View Quote
Is that good or bad?  sorry for the noob question.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I just bought one 5 min past. First AK ill own in 25 years of shooting AR/M16's.
Pretty exited
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top