Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/13/2015 9:38:44 AM EDT
I just threaded and changed the gas block and FSP and come to realize that my SA 85M has the shorter gas tube. Is there a bayo that will fit??? I am fairly new on working on Ak's so go easy on me lol.I should have checked before I switched gas blocks,but oh well its on there now.just wondering if there is a bayo that can fit.

" />

" />

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
No there isn't that I know of. As you found out you have the shorter AMD gas system.  The AMD didn't use a bayonet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#2]
In this case you really should have left it original, but it doesn't hurt anything to have a useless bayonetlug. But, since you have the short gas tube, you can pick up an AMD65 'naked' gas tube and vented steel forearm with pistol grip. FEG actually imported that very rifle as an 'SA2000M'. They came with single-stack magazine well that was easily converted by the importer to double stack. Of course, these were made from AMD65 kits and had the original 12" barrel which is why it needs the welded-on extension/brake.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for info,nice rifle!
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top