Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/20/2014 6:55:14 PM EDT
I'm planning on converting a FEG SA-85M to a clone of a AKM-63 (2 pistol grips + metal lower handguard) OR an AK-63 (single P/G plus standard AK wood handguard top+bottom).  

After playing with it a while, I'd sell it. My question is which version would be more marketable (i.e. likely be worth more) in a sale?  Subjective, I know, but I'll appreciate any constructive opinion.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you can have it either way by simply having the original Hungarian parts. You should already have the original gas tube and FEG upper and lower hand guards. Either way you'll need original buttstock and rear pistol grip. Then you'll need the AK63 vented steel hand guard, nut and pistol grip (same as AMD65, usually available) and a standard-length naked gas tube, assuming you have the standard-length gas system. If you have the short gas system, you can use the regular AMD65 naked gas tube. :) The parts all interchange and you can have it either way in about five minutes. To make a standard length naked gas tube, carefully pop the hand guard retainers off any standard gas tube - I used a Bulgarian - then file down the remnants of the spot welds and paint it black. Here's one I did that to - now sold. I sold it with both kits.

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top