Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/4/2014 3:51:40 PM EDT
Just asking for opinions. I have a FEG/TGI amd 65 sa 2000m and I'm wondering if I should hang on to it? Are these becoming a collector's item? What are your thoughts? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind. Thanks ;-)
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I would surmise you are not a shooter but a collector.

1st post....

In answer to your question. They didn't make many to begin with and the parts are not being made anymore.

Ergo conductibility wise, logic dictates that the price will increase as the commodity gets harder to find.

Google basic rules of economics and you will get a better answer.

Short answer YES.

Long answer.....it will take time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the reply. Google didn't turn up much of what I wanted to know.  I am a collector and a prepper. I usually try to have two of everything I own,weapon wise. When I tried to recently find another feg I was having a hard time. Naturally the prepper I am having the Noah's ark mentality,I kinda wanted to move on from it. Of course I don't want to kick myself five years from now for letting go of  a collectors piece either.  Again, thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:24:33 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's about money, may as well sell it.  It' going to be a LOOOONG time before you make much off of it.

If it's about the rifle itself, keep it.  You will surely end up paying more, if you decide you want one again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Does it have the FEG-marked receiver and original 12" barrel with the sight base almost touching the gas block? If so, and it's working well, I would consider it a keeper.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep it and enjoy it. They're very well-made rifles and the recoil is practically nothing. I don't have any pics at the moment, but mine has shot some scary-accurate groups at 50m using a T1 Micro. Like, under 1" accurate. That short, stiff barrel is magic.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Just curious about your goals....Aren't your prepper interests and collector interests conflicting a little?  If your prepper scenario comes true, wouldn't you be much more concerned with having an arsenal of functional guns that will last forever with little maintenance, rather than a wall of "safe-queens"?

Either way, the AMD is a great prepper gun.  Short, and able to be even shorter with the folding stock.  Basic AK design which will last a long, long time.  I love mine, and although I'll never hang in on my wall to display, it is always a good one to be ready to grab.

I would keep it for prepping, and not worry about collector's value too much, although I have already seen the prices on these rise since they entered the country at only a few hundred dollars.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top