Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2014 11:14:52 PM EDT

I'm currently looking for 85M underfolder like pictured on above.

1 - Where to find one and how much should I expect to pay?

2 - Anything to look or watch out for?

3 - How's the quality of under folding hardware on this gun? are they expect to wobble after couple hundred of rounds?

4 - Any place to buy 85M parts kit as a spare?

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
1- I would say 1600-2300, They pop up on EE from time to time but theres always some on GB.
2-These rifles are factory built. They are some of the best on the market. I would just check it like any other AK, Canted sights ,bore .
3-There will be movement with any underfolder. I would not expect to have excessive movement  at all.
4- I have seen some vendors with the parts kits but its been a while. Your best bet will be the second hand market.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:17:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The mechanism is solid, very little play.   You will appreciate the overall quality.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I doubt you'll find any canted sights on a factory-built pre-ban FEG, but you should always check in case its been monkeyed-with. What you seek is one of the 'holy grails' of the AK world. They didn't bring in many of those and a NIB one is going to be steep.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure it says KASSNAR, not K.B.I.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure it says KASSNAR, not K.B.I.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:51:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I find nothing wrong with it being KBI.

Troy Sellars did an underfolder conversion on my KBI receiver with the hungarian kits and it was perfectly done and fine.

I can put my Kassnar side by side with the KBI and there is no difference in appearance....

If you want a Sa85...go for it but it is a collectors item and they will go up in price if it doesn't get shot.

it will go down in price if it is shot.

I keep my kassnar for display and my KBI for shooting.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#7]
The market is flush right now with AMMS (AK-63D Underfolder) parts kits.  While it isn't your SA85, you can get a complete UF parts kit for $225.  Add your own USA barrel, and USA receiver and the builder of your choice and you are still at about half of what the real deals are going for.  PS this is what I am planning on doing.  That way I can actually shoot it and not feel bad .
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#8]
   My first AK was a Kassnar (1992) and I still have it and still use it. As a matter of fact it's mounted on my 4 wheeler now and I use my 4 wheeler every day for work. It's not a underfolder but I do have a Egyptian crutch folder on it. I put 10K rounds down the barrel and it still shoots better then any other AK I have.

The only problem I'm having now is the FCG is starting to wear out some, but it's a long ways from giving me problems and very replacable when they do.

I had 2 NOS hungarian kits with barrels that I had for years and I sold one kit on EE for I think $750 last year.

If you get a Kassnar, use it and shoot it!!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The market is flush right now with AMMS (AK-63D Underfolder) parts kits.  While it isn't your SA85, you can get a complete UF parts kit for $225.  Add your own USA barrel, and USA receiver and the builder of your choice and you are still at about half of what the real deals are going for.  PS this is what I am planning on doing.  That way I can actually shoot it and not feel bad .
View Quote

I feel good every time I shoot my Kassnar!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top