Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/28/2014 1:01:49 PM EDT
Looking to deban my Sa 85 m and would appreciate direction on the gas tube and sight for it to bring it into 922r compliance.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 2:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Your going to want the E German or early Romanian Gas Block. You will also want to find a AMD65 Front Sight block. I would get a wood set from IWD. You also need  see if you have the reg. length gas system or the shorter one. You can also thread your bbl and use a regular slant brake.  The last thing id your going to need to find a pistol grip ferrule cap.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
'would appreciate direction on the gas tube and sight for it to bring it into 922r compliance'

The sight base, gas tube and gas block have nothing to do with 922 compliance.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
For 922r your going to want to use some of these US made parts, stock set ,piston, trigger, slant brake or mag.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I'm aware of the 922r compliance req's because I've debanned a couple SLR95's. I've just never done it to my SA 85M's and they seem to have somewhat of a cult following. Which is why I've asked.

Seems this might be a bit harder than I thought
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a partial on mine. Tapco G2 single-hook set, original FEG stock and pistol grip, USA-made mag and threaded barrel plus installation of a plunger and spring in the sight base. If you decide to 'go all the way' and do the gas block and sight base, it doesn't add to the imported parts because they are not on the list. I've bought several original FEG pistol grips and they all came with the steel cap. You'll need the threaded 'nut' that fits into the receiver and the correct-length grip screw to install the grip. The FEG buttstocks have become scarce now but the blonde Bulgarian stock with the 'slot' on the sides matches well. Or, you can use an 'Ironwood' stock which does save you a part. There are better USA mags available now so I would never replace an original gas piston just to use an imported mag. You can save more parts by using more USA-made wood on it, but since I got lucky and found a new original stock for sale it was worth it to me to have original wood.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top