Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/27/2013 7:03:48 PM EDT
Santa brought me an ACE stock and folding mechanism http://riflestocks.com/store/product105.html for my AMD and I can't get it to close.  Heck, I can't even get it to budge.  It looks like you just apply pressure below the spring/hinge and it should lift the lock and allow you to fold it.  Not happening, for me anyway.  It isn't even slightly moving.  I oiled the spring/hinge but that didn't help either.  I found a video online of a guy opening/closing his, seems pretty straight forward.  Hoping one of you have one of these and can offer advice.  Halfchrome shows his in a recent thread but didn't want to hijack it by asking.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on which way you have it fold, you just lift up or push down and it should release without too much effort. You lift up/push down on the whole stock, not just with your fingers on the mechanism itself.

Is it possible you have the push button model?

Did you attach the correct side to the rifle?

Did you use the bumspki adapter?

Pictures would help.

Link Posted: 12/28/2013 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Norinco,

Your advice worked.  I had been pushing up on the mechanism and (now I see) that was never going to work.  So after reading your reply I pushed up on the stock and with a LOT of effort it came loose.  I kept messing with it and finally figured out the way to do it is to slap the bottom of the stock and it pops free easy.  I was hoping it was Operator Error and that is exactly what it was .  Thanks much.

To the question of the Bumpski, yes, that is what I have.  Looks much better than the bulky Krebs version, at half the price.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome! I realized after I wrote the first sentence that I should specify that it was the whole stock that you have to tug on.

Perhaps I have made that same mistake in the past

I haven't decided which way to setup my ace folder to fold when I order it either.

Pictures really would be great...photobucket has a free phone app that I use on my iphone. I am considering a similar setup to you.

I wrapped my stock in paracord but its still a weak chin weld.

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top