Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2013 8:44:16 PM EDT
Where would one get the hardware to install a real (non neutered) FSP and Gas Block?

Can other models of AKM be used?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Did one few years ago  if you search you can find hungarian one but there a bit pricy. I used romanian set work just fine and easy to get
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
get a parts kit from Apex.

They have the underfolders for less than 300 now.

It looks beat but the parts themselves they are worth it.

Looks like it is too late and all are sold out.

You can do East German for the gas and front site as the are exact side to side.

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did one few years ago  if you search you can find hungarian one but there a bit pricy. I used romanian set work just fine and easy to get
View Quote

Also if you have the short stroke gas system changing the gas block to a lugged one .you still wouldn't be able to use bayonet . They can be hard to remove
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
That's right, some SA85Ms have the AMD65 short gas tube and piston, so the gas block is too far from the front sight base to work with a bayonet. In that case I would not try to modify it, but it is possible to shorten the barrel, move the sight base back to the right spot, thread the barrel and install/weld a muzzle attachment to make the 16" barrel length (or, SBR it). Its possible, but I don't think it would be worthwhile to do this. The short-gas SA85M is an interesting variant and should be left intact. In fact, FEG did make a gun similar to the gun I'm talking about for only a short time - its an AMD65 with a full stock and approximately a 13" barrel with the original 3" AMD65 brake welded on for the 16" length. If you had this rifle and the gas tube and forearm from a short-gas SA85M, you could swap out the AMD65 naked gas tube and steel forearm with pistol grip for the gas tube and forearm from the SA85M. That would be almost exactly the same as doing the barrel chop/weld on a short-gas SA85M. But the rifle pictured never had a bayo lug on the gas block and no bayonet can work on it anyway with the big muzzle brake.

Link Posted: 1/4/2014 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard that you need either an EG or original Hungarian.  Of course mine is the regular gas system.  I've also heard that the Hungarian pins are extra hard to remove.  I may just save the pain and only thread the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few of them (gas blocks).  They are the correct style.  I have a few of them and a real Hungarian underfolder kit for reference.  Just IM me and I will send some pics tomorrow night.  I would be glad to sell you one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a few of them (gas blocks).  They are the correct style.  I have a few of them and a real Hungarian underfolder kit for reference.  Just IM me and I will send some pics tomorrow night.  I would be glad to sell you one.
View Quote

You have a PM sir
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top