Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/8/2013 5:09:42 PM EDT
So I finally found an AMD65 that I am going to use as a truck gun. Nothing special planned for it, going to do the AMD65tech stock and recoil buffer then I may do a Magpul grip and mags for it. I'd like to do a different foregrip but don't know what to do yet.

Anywho, I have a YHM suppressor now (QD 7.62 SS) and every rifle I have has an attachment to run it. I would like to be able to run it on this if I ever wanted to also but I have heard horror stories about suppressing AK's

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Shouldn't be a problem.  A few companies make adapters for the AK, just make sure the adapter is concentric to the bore.

Most people feel suppressing the AK is less desirable than other rifles, because the gas system is pretty open and you don't get as nice of a sound reduction.  I think horror stories are just internet misconception being amplified by an uneducated echo chamber.  Long story short, check the adapter/bore, beyond that it'll work fine.  Do what makes you happy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I know about the horror story's which you (OP) are referring to.  AK's run the risk of having barrels that are not concentric to the bore.  How many or what percentage is any body's guess.  Hunters-town makes an AK suppressor that isn't as tight around the bullet whole as some others in order to deal with this in a preemptive way.  

It just comes down to the AK not being plug and play with .308 can's and needing to be checked for a concentric bore first.  Have fun
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Let us know how that goes if you follow through. I am seriously considering SBR'ing and putting a suppressor on my AMD-65, but I'm quite not entirely convinced that it is worth doing.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top