Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/29/2013 10:47:27 AM EDT
So I was thinking.....of ways to make my AMD shorter without going the SBR route.  What if I were to cut the stock down  a few inches?  As far as i have been able to find the AMD65 measures 27" with the stock folded and around 33" with the stock extended, to remain out of the SBR category a rifle only needs to measure 26.5" which the AMD65 has covered even with the stock removed, so if I cut the stock bar to 3" and reweld the buttstock back on I would still be legal.  I just picked 3"'s arbitrarily I would cut a little of the stock bar at a time until I get a good length of pull fit.  What say the hive?

Link Posted: 9/30/2013 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO, that looks like the stock will be too short to be useful as well as possibly interfere with the operation of the safety lever.
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IMHO, that looks like the stock will be too short to be useful as well as possibly interfere with the operation of the safety lever.
View Quote

ha ha you're right I probably won't even be able to pull the trigger...oh well
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless you have T-Rex arms you're fucked
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top