Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2013 11:29:59 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Gonna be replacing the Tapco extended AMD brake on my rifle. Need to know how long the original Snake Brake was so I can figure out which extension/FH combo to buy. AK-Builder says their extension takes the original brake out to legal (16.25") length but don't say how much length the extension adds. I emailed them but have not heard back.   I want to stay at 16.25" barrel length or as close as possible. Possible combos right now are:

CNC Warrior 2" extension + S E Vortex
AK-Builder AMD extension + YHM Phantom

I've also got emails into a few shops for a custom 4.25" FH. The less welds the better right?

Open to suggestions if anybody has them.

Thanks

Hizzie
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:53:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would just rock this one from AK Builder.

http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30042
View Quote

Trying to get away from the noise/flash enhancer.  Is kind of the whole point.

Dale-

Thanks for the measurement bro.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]
You need a 4.25" total barrel/brake extension if you have an original barrel with the sight base almost touching the gas block. All two-piece extensions that came on the AMD65 using the original brake use a standard 2" extension tube. These are longer than they have to be by about 3/4", and they usually are installed loose and welded that way which doesn't last long. They do this so they don't have to do it right and time the extension so it's indexed and tight at the same time. This is why I took all that crap off mine and welded on the Tapco one-piece unit, which is the best you can get. Suit yourself, but I think you're chasing something that doesn't exist, plus throwing out the best extension/brake there is for it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll agree that the Snake Brake is one hell of a brake. I want a flash hider.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top