Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2013 8:04:55 PM EDT
So I have a SA-85M debanned muzzle threaded, correct hungarian furniture, correct gasblock and front sight. Dust cover and gas tube numbers don't match. From a collector point of view would it be better to have those two numbers miss matched or have parts with no numbers at all.  When I bought it had one of those crappy scope mount dust covers and the guy didn't have the original. Side note, I'm pretty sure the gas tube is original to the gun but not matching, does anybody else have a miss matched SA-85m?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no particular collector interest in the gun now that it has been permanently modified. However, it's still an FEG SA85M and as such will always be valuable to those who are looking for a straight, factory-built AK. SA85Ms came with matching bolt carrier, bolt and action cover. The other numbers may or may not match. As long as the action cover is authentic Hungarian, the wrong number would have no bearing on value in the gun's modified condition. The important matching parts are the bolt carrier and bolt.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree w/saxman. Mine matches except for the gastube. Great shooters all the same.
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 1:17:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I sold it, found one for $700 with matching numbers. With my correct  style gasblock front sight base and stock set the only thing that will be missing is Kassnar on the side
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I sold my KBI post ban that is all matching and debanned with correct muzzle and gas tube that I got while I was in Hungary.

The guy bought it for 1k USD and he was happy with it.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Finished it

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the muzzle brake correctly positioned? Looking down the barrel, is the venting portion at an angle or horizontal?

And don't forget the cleaning rod. By far the most missing item IMO from any post-ban, specifically the ones that were totally filed away under the FSB/GB rather than just the ears. AK's just don't look right without them...you must acquire before Christmas.

With the rod in place, I'd say it looks great. I wish mine looked half as good converted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the muzzle brake correctly positioned? Looking down the barrel, is the venting portion at an angle or horizontal?

And don't forget the cleaning rod. By far the most missing item IMO from any post-ban, specifically the ones that were totally filed away under the FSB/GB rather than just the ears. AK's just don't look right without them...you must acquire before Christmas.

With the rod in place, I'd say it looks great. I wish mine looked half as good converted.
View Quote

It has to be correct if the indexing plunger is in the notch of the brake, and I see the plunger in the pic. By the way, I did the same thing on mine, and when I took it to the range, the slant brake threw the shots high/right, and there were no signs of bullet strike on the brake. I made the sight adjustment but wasn't satisfied with it, so I put on an AMD65 brake which allowed me to put the sight back to the factory marks. Since then, I have put it in AK63 configuration with a muzzle nut, but I haven't checked the sighting yet.  
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top