Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2013 9:30:31 AM EDT
I see this topic addressed somewhat in other posts, but allow me to ask a slightly different way.

A guy nearby has a post-ban SA-85M for sale for $650.  I have had several AMD-65 (TGI/FEG as well as Century), and I really like them, especially the TGI/FEG, but I don't know anything about the SA-85M.

Can you folks tell me about their quality and whether it's worth $650?  

Also, I've seen specimens with (1) short gas tubes vs. standard-length tubes; (2) standard tubes with Chinese-style 4 gas ports on each side or without them and (3) semi-circular gas port cutouts or without them.  I'm confused about this...is there a standard configuration?  

Thanks for your feedback.
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Will he ship?

I would definitely pay $650 for it but would offer $600 since the thumbhole stock would have to go. It would take a little bit of work to deneuter it and keep it compliant, but I think it would be totally worth it.

Link Posted: 8/12/2013 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, beast.  This would be a face-to-face in-state transaction with a guy I've dealt with before.
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Get it.
Thats ampng the hest ak vsriants
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]
'Also, I've seen specimens with (1) short gas tubes vs. standard-length tubes; (2) standard tubes with Chinese-style 4 gas ports on each side or without them and (3) semi-circular gas port cutouts or without them. I'm confused about this...is there a standard configuration?'

Yes, those are the variations. FEG was putting these together using their stock of military parts, so you will find some with the AMD65 short gas systems and others with the standard. Typically you will find the vented tubes only on the standard-length systems and with a non-vented gas block, although it's okay to have a vented tube and gas block.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top