Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/24/2013 4:25:50 PM EDT
I ordered it off gunbroker.com, and think I got a pretty decent deal given the current prices. Comes with a Ultimak rail, buffer and the lower part of a Russian handguard.

I did noticed it has a few differences from the other AMD-65s I have seen.

First: Rear sling attachment on the receiver.
Second: Stamp. The ones I have seen say something along the lines of SA-2000 TGI Knoxville, TN, etc.

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/342785000/342785896/pix841312779.jpg
http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/342785000/342785896/pix779453276.jpg

Can anyone tell me anything about these two items? Early run, good to have, etc?

The only thing I plan on doing to it is getting and AMD65tech stock adapter and maybe a Primary Arms micro red dot. Thought about doing a synthetic lower handguard, but I am liking the look of the laminated wood.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun. I can't tell you much about the builder but I'm sure someone can.

The rear sling mount is nice, wish mine had it. I also like the look of the Ultimak and will be getting one myself.

As far as the stock cheek piece, spend the extra few bucks to get the 1 piece welded unit rather than the bolt on model. It's very easy to install and is super strong and looks much better. It's also carefully shaped to allow safety lever access while folded.

If you get a chance could you post an up close pic with the handguard removed so we can see how it was adapted for the AMD?
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I think DCI produced the ND spud receiver blanks before NDS had a license to do it themselves. Someone will know more. Nice piece!
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, the seller made a error in the listing and sent me a refund.  Looks like I didn't actually purchase my first AK.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top