Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/11/2013 11:30:40 AM EDT
I had considered the bolt on riser for my AMD-65 after missing out on the Krebs adapter block, decided on spending another $20 and getting the welded replacement stock.

What a great product! I was unsure of the replacement stock before but I'm very pleased with it now.

Took me about 10 minutes to install, no drilling required. I did torch the rear of the receiver a bit but just enough to heat it up, no paint damage. The hardest part was getting the new stock lined up with the holes for the pis as it's a tight fit compared to the factory one.

Cheek weld is now great and the gun is very usable as a shooter. The safety and charging handle are still able to be used with the stock folded, there is more clearance than on an underfolder even.

If you're not using your AMD-65 as a "correct representation" piece in your collection you really should try the replacement stock. Totally worth the $50, plus you can send in your old one for a $10 core if you choose.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
No pics?
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you explain where you can buy this from. Part number? Any pics?
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can you explain where you can buy this from. Part number? Any pics?

Got mine from apex gun parts.

The inventor sells them direct from AMD65tech.com.

Lot's of pictures around, just a plain jane AMD-65 with the replacement stock. There is a bolt on type  and there is a replacement unit. The replacement unit is what I got.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 1:18:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I have modded my AMD with the stock adaptor, and it works great!  I had to wait a few weeks to get it, but Gio and Val were great about keeping in touch about lead times and when it shipped, etc.  Highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I have yet to see a picture of one of these replacement stocks actually on an AMD65.  They don't even have a picture on their web site of one installed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]
From what I saw the OP's replacement stock is about the only part I'd trust from them. I was checking out their products today and they mostly look like they have high school vocational school freshmen welding them up for them.

Here is a perfect example. It's one of their "concept guns". They weld EVERYTHING! Look at the crap welds partially ground smooth where they, for some unknown reason, welded the lower handguard to the receiver, and even worse, they absolutely butchered the weld job on the rear sight. I don't usually like bashing businesses, but these people have no business working on a Red Ryder BB gun, let along an AK!

They even weld round stock from the front sight to the gas tube and from the lower handguard, which is welded to the receiver, to the MUZZLE BRAKE! This place is a joke.

And their "Concept Rifles" have their gas tubes wrapped with paracord? Just what I want on a part that can get hot enough to set wood on fire. I know, probably not on semi but I've had wood smoking on a registered select fire AK after just 5 or 6 mags.

And their scout mount is just amazing. Putting .22 rimfire scope rings on the gas tube, upside down, then wrapping it with paracord and welding the tube to the rear sight block is just genius.

Just my opinion, but someone who can't been take the time to stamp the "USA" markings somewhat neatly on their safety levers sends up red flags to me.

I know a lot of people have used their AMD stock adapters with good results. But from what I saw on their site I'm more than a little cautious about their other products.

That said, I bought some 5/16" round stock last night to weld on my own stock adapter.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:54:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The product is good and I dig mines.

The quality is excellent but yeah his website is not much to get excited about.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I changed my plan and went with 3/8" round stock. With my daughter's help I found the angle that worked best with the iron sights and bent a piece of clothes hanger to match the outside of the round stock. I know it won't work well for off side/lefty shooting, but angling the new cheekpiece a little to the left made everything line up comfortably and naturally for me.

After I refinish the stock I'll post pics.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I used some Rustoleum truck bed liner dabbed on with a sponge for the finish on my stock. Here it is before I wrap the cheekpiece with paracord.

And the angle I mentioned in my previous post. It not only makes it a natural cheek weld when using both the irons and the Aimpoint PRO but it also gives plenty of clearance to manipulate the safety with the stock folded.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#11]
They also offer a stock adapter that bolts onto the stock folder. Mine has worked out well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Just an FYI Krebs is making theirs again.  INFO HERE.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top