Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2012 4:24:06 PM EDT
I recently picked up an AMD and wanted to make my first post in the AK section, as this is my first AK. I've only had it to the range once but I'm already in love. I can't believe how well the compensator works, it makes this rifle a pleasure to shoot.

I'm going to run it in a carbine course this Sunday and wanted to make a few changes before hand so I added a Tapco handguard, US Palm grip, and an AMD65tech.com full replacement stock.

I'm happy with all of the parts, and I must say I would suggest anyone looking at the AMD65tech.com riser to fork up the extra $15 and get the welded full replacement stock. The installation is a cinch; much easier than what they make it out to be in the instructions. You could do it in ten minutes.

Will report back after the course.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 1:01:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Will report back after the course.

Looking forward to it! I like the looks of that one piece stock/riser too. I don't know if they didn't have it listed then or I just didn't see it but I wish I had just got that instead of the bolt on riser.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking forward to it! I like the looks of that one piece stock/riser too. I don't know if they didn't have it listed then or I just didn't see it but I wish I had just got that instead of the bolt on riser.

I was hesitant to order it because their instructions talk about drilling and heating the gun with a torch. All I had to do was knock out a pin with a punch and hammer, and unscrew the stock locking mechanism.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice AMD. I just bought an AMD, but have not shot it yet. I look forward to your report and any additon mods.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked one up last month. The sights are a little canted but a rail and red dot were the plan anyways.  Fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
So i bought the same exact stock as you did. Once i read the directions i was a bit miffed. This is my first ak variant and i wondered if you re used the pin or had to get a new one?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is my first ak variant and i wondered if you re used the pin or had to get a new one?

I was able to reuse the original pin because I didn't drill it out. I simply used a punch and a hammer to drive it out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 2:24:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Curious...what did you new comers pay for the privilege of it during this sellers market?
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is my first ak variant and i wondered if you re used the pin or had to get a new one?

I was able to reuse the original pin because I didn't drill it out. I simply used a punch and a hammer to drive it out.

Did you drive it out from the top or the bottom?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Curious...what did you new comers pay for the privilege of it during this sellers market?

I was fortunate enough to pick this up before SHTF. I paid $500. Could flip it, but I like it so much that I'm going to hang onto it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did you drive it out from the top or the bottom?  Thanks!

I do believe I drove it from the bottom up through the top. But my pin was completely straight, no "head", so it would have gone either way.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I was able to replace the pin and easily re-use it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I just ordered the stock riser. I hope it's as easy to mount as indicated.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top