Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 5:30:06 PM EDT
I contacted them today and they stated that they are no longer making these....they were nice enough to start a wait list today and will do a run at some point.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad I got mine when they 1st came out. An awesome piece of kit if I do say so.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow that sucks. I bought mine fully intending to out a real stock on it. Any idea as to when they may be produced again?

I wonder is someone like US Machine Gun would make an adapter for us AMD owners?
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:57:19 AM EDT
[#3]
They have a lot of potential buyers on the list, if they can find the time, they said they'll do a run in the new year.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Who? Krebs?  I'm going to have to give them a call and get on the list.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I just got off the phone with Brian from Krebs.  Still no word on when they will make the next batch, but it is pretty much a go once they get enough people.  Tell all your friends to make the call and get on the list!!!

Mike
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I also emailed Krebs to be put on the list.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I talked to them yesterday and they're a few weeks out from having them ready to sell
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I talked to them yesterday and they're a few weeks out from having them ready to sell
View Quote

They told me the same thing a few weeks ago five weeks ago.  No AMD adapter on their website yet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]
We are expecting them any day now. We will be filling existing backorders first. If you are not already on our list please call us at 847-487-7776. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#10]
AMD blocks are in stock now
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 2:28:32 AM EDT
[#11]
HOLY SHIT!  $125?  I take it you raised the price too?   I want one but wont be paying that much in this life time just to have to pay another $100 to bet the ace and folder...   I'd image at that price you wont need to worry about them flying off the shelves....
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitely not cheap, but considering my AMD-65 was free, I guess I shouldn't complain about the price of upgrades.

What do I need for this upgrade? The Krebs Custom AMD Adapter block, obviously, for one thing. Just the ACE stock?
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Too bad they're so expensive.  I've been waiting for months for them to come back but I can't pay that much for an adapter.  It's more than a stock!  I'm the kind of person who likes to get the most bang for my buck, which I why I bought an AMD 65 in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Meh
I run the offset VFG mount and the AMD butt stock mount on my AMD-65. Both parts are top notch quality wise. You get what you pay for with Krebs parts.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#15]
The neat thing this about the adaptor is that if you want to run the Krebs top rail the mount is already there on the block. So no gas tube mounting is needed,
no heated up optic to deal with etc.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Definitely not cheap, but considering my AMD-65 was free, I guess I shouldn't complain about the price of upgrades.

What do I need for this upgrade? The Krebs Custom AMD Adapter block, obviously, for one thing. Just the ACE stock?
View Quote

If you want a folder {like mine} you will need to also get the ACE hinge unit. I found that with the adaptor & hinge all I needed was the short ACE stock and it put the rifle in the perfect position for me and I'm a tall man with long arms.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 12:53:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I went online to purchase it....then I saw the price.  I guess I'm keeping the factory stock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I agree, the price is high. They went from $90 to $125, pretty good price increase. I ordered one anyway, hate the wire stock.
I'm hoping that a different stock helps my shooting due to lack of a cheek weld, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with this gun. But then again my eyesight is not so good anymore.
Must say though, Krebs seems to have great customer service. I got on their list, they called me and left a message twice.
I ordered the adapter online yesterday, and it was shipped today.
Waiting for a reply on a question I had, will any Ace stock fit with their adapter?
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I went online to purchase it....then I saw the price.  I guess I'm keeping the factory stock.
View Quote

Really wanted one but not for that price.

For $50 the AMD65Tech replacement stock is a much better choice IMO.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 3:16:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you want a folder {like mine} you will need to also get the ACE hinge unit. I found that with the adaptor & hinge all I needed was the short ACE stock and it put the rifle in the perfect position for me and I'm a tall man with long arms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So this and this?
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Addressing the price concerns;

We rely on a local machine shop to make these adapters for us as we do not machine these in house. Unfortunately the price for the machining has gone up since the last time we had these made. Also the last time we had these adapters made it was a much larger quantity. We had a large number of adapters in stock for a long time without much demand, so we "discontinued" them.

Since then we have experienced many customers wanting to purchase an AMD adapter block and we started a waiting list. This time around we had a much smaller quantity of adapters made which means it was more expensive. All of the production costs had to be divided by a smaller number of adapters.

I can assure you that our parts are of the highest quality and customer satisfaction is extremely important to us.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2013 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Any chance that there will be a run without the extension for the sight rail attachment point?  It just seems silly extending the reciever more than necessary when I'm not going to use the kerbs reciever rail mount.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So this and this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So this and this?

Yep & yep!
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I agree, the price is high. They went from $90 to $125, pretty good price increase. I ordered one anyway, hate the wire stock.
I'm hoping that a different stock helps my shooting due to lack of a cheek weld, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with this gun. But then again my eyesight is not so good anymore.
Must say though, Krebs seems to have great customer service. I got on their list, they called me and left a message twice.
I ordered the adapter online yesterday, and it was shipped today.
Waiting for a reply on a question I had, will any Ace stock fit with their adapter?
View Quote

Which ACE stock were you referring to? Is there one in particular that you like over the others?
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Any chance that there will be a run without the extension for the sight rail attachment point?  It just seems silly extending the reciever more than necessary when I'm not going to use the kerbs reciever rail mount.
View Quote

At this time we don't have plans to make a different version.

Thanks
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top