BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/13/2010 10:45:34 AM EDT
http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPages/KalashnikovParts.shtml

I go by once in awhile out of infatuation for the KTR. This looks really cool for AMD-65 owners. Allows the mounting of their scope/sight rail, and then has a mount for an ACE folder. Not pure to the AMD-65, but from what I can see functionality goes through the roof. Listing for $90.

I also just realized that this adapter makes the AMD-65 immune from Michigan SBR persecution.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow. It would be really cool to have a version without the rail adaptor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool stuff.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Now THAT is an anwser to prayers!. But I wonder why there is that side block on it? I wish they had better pics as I dont see the built in rail slot for the guide rod. Whomever gets one of the 1st has got to do a write up on it! I have an ACE folder waiting to go for mine already.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Now THAT is an anwser to prayers!. But I wonder why there is that side block on it? I wish they had better pics as I dont see the built in rail slot for the guide rod. Whomever gets one of the 1st has got to do a write up on it! I have an ACE folder waiting to go for mine already.

Uh, what do you mean? In the top picture, that cylindrical protrusion on top is a mounting lug for the Krebs Custom scope rail (full-length, repeatable-zero rail with A1 sights). The thing coming off the side, if it isn't obvious by the second photo, replaces the factory stock in the original hinge mechanism. It's designed for the AMD-65 and no-other platform.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Well what I dont see is the groove for the guide rod spring, as it's part of the rear trunion/stock pivot asm. So if that part is taking it's place where do you attach the guide rod?
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well what I dont see is the groove for the guide rod spring, as it's part of the rear trunion/stock pivot asm. So if that part is taking it's place where do you attach the guide rod?

It looks like the original trunion stays put and uses the bolt for the stock release mechanism to attach the new block to the existion trunion.  Check out the threaded hole on the piece the fits where the original hinge would be.  That lookis like the place the whole shebang attaches.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like the original trunion stays put and uses the bolt for the stock release mechanism to attach the new block to the existion trunion.  Check out the threaded hole on the piece the fits where the original hinge would be.  That lookis like the place the whole shebang attaches.

Now that makes sense! Thank you my friend for the clairifacation!

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered one for my rifle. I will let everyone know how it works out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to see a pic of the rear trunion area when the stock is folded to the side.
Interesting. mp
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Part arrived today!
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Wraith, cool!

I don't see how the stock would fold with the rail attatched.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#12]
It doesn't...it's designed to allow one to attach an ACE stock instead.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm ecstatic and pissed off at the same time. I've never been a fan of AR stocks on AKs, but the wire folder has no cheek weld at all, so I'm ecstatic this product can fix the crappy lack of cheek weld. I'm pissed off because I bought the amd65tech cheek piece two weeks ago and wasted $35 on it

I guess the only way to get the krebs adapter and not have my cheek piece go to waste is to buy another AMD-65
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I guess the only way to get the krebs adapter and not have my cheek piece go to waste is to buy another AMD-65

Or sell the cheek riser to me for $25 shipped.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I finnaly got around to putting that adaptor on. To use the word "simple" as to the ease of installation would be an understatement. You just pound out the pivot pin, unscrew the release and install the mount and tighten the one allen screw thats already on the mount and then install the other supplied with the mount and your done! Loctite is provided if you dont have any as is the wrench for the install. What held me up was the capped allen screws that came with the ACE stock were a tad out of spec, but no matter a trip to the grinder to remove a smidge of the edge of the screw and it went together perfectly! The mount puts the length to over 26 inches so NO SBR paperwork!  I do like the added feature of the rear mount for the Krebs rail if I ever want to put that on at a later date. But as mine is set up it's really not needed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Dude! We need pics of the finished product!

Really sweet to hear that there's no permanent mods needed. Rifle's easily restored to factory when the laws change/leave MI.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Ask and ye shall recive.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#18]
@ Wraiths, sick-A$$ AMD.  How does the Krebs offset-grip feel, as compared to one centerline-mounted? (I know it makes mag changes easier, but is it more comfortable?)
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@ Wraiths, sick-A$$ AMD.  How does the Krebs offset-grip feel, as compared to one centerline-mounted? (I know it makes mag changes easier, but is it more comfortable?)

It's more like a fist fighting stance with the offset-grip and yeah it was a little weird at 1st but I'm really diggin it. I went with the Tapco shorty grip to slim the profile down when it's cased as a regular sized VFG would be damn near impossibale to put the gun in a case but would probably give a better grip on the weapon.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#20]
The really looks good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#22]
That stock is the 7.5 inch model with the half inch rubber butt pad.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks for the help!

This one for 64.95?
http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=281

I love my AMD, but not a big fan of the little wire stock..I'd been wishing it had a stock like my Galil..now this is possible!
I'm going ahead and ordering these parts. Your rifle looks great!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:44:46 AM EDT
[#24]
this is not a tag
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the help!

This one for 64.95?
http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=281

I love my AMD, but not a big fan of the little wire stock..I'd been wishing it had a stock like my Galil..now this is possible!
I'm going ahead and ordering these parts. Your rifle looks great!

Yep, thats the one I ordered. Now remember with the adaptor, the folding hinge, and the butt pad your LOP is going to be just about right. My schnozz  sits about an inch or two from the back of the weapon.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Just as I was about to push the order button Wraith....I keep studying your pictures and reading  comments about your fore grip, so now I have a couple more questions.
It looks like you have the Krebs KCI Fore End Grip adapter #9, with the short Tapco Intrafuse grip? Theres something else going on there too... some kind of side rail? small lite?
When I look at the other side of your AMD, the lower hand guard looks stock. I had planned on getting the Ultimak front rail for a small red dot. My Galil is stock, other than refinishing and better MB.
Kinda a noob at the tac stuff...appreciate the help..I might as well order everything at once.
and yeah..you have a badass AMD!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just as I was about to push the order button Wraith....I keep studying your pictures and reading  comments about your fore grip, so now I have a couple more questions.
It looks like you have the Krebs KCI Fore End Grip adapter #9, with the short Tapco Intrafuse grip? Theres something else going on there too... some kind of side rail? small lite?
When I look at the other side of your AMD, the lower hand guard looks stock. I had planned on getting the Ultimak front rail for a small red dot. My Galil is stock, other than refinishing and better MB.
Kinda a noob at the tac stuff...appreciate the help..I might as well order everything at once.
and yeah..you have a badass AMD!

The AMD-65 has a ventilated sheetmetal handguard. The numerous, close-spaced slots mean that it is very easy to mount small sections of rail to it, just run a small bolt through and secure with a nut-and-washer on the other side. It makes it popular for that reason; very easy to accessorize without having to buy an aftermarket handguard or RIS setup.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Exactly. The rail on the LH side of the weapon is an ERGO rail in 6 inch length: get the metal ones and pass on the plastic you will thank me later for this.  I went with the AK sights from XS systems {hence no optic} it's not really needed on this type of weapon IMHO so for me it's one less thing to fail,break, etc,etc and it costs hundreds less than a quality dot sight. That money would be better spent on mags and ammo.

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4752&storeid=1&image=ergoaump.gif&CFID=2380731&CFTOKEN=79453480

The lamp is a cheap UTG unit but I will be replacing that light as I do not like the switch. And will be going with a regluar light setup.

One could put rails on all sides of the AMD's cover/shield {whatever you want to call it} and add panel covers from your favorite maker so you have something to hold onto when it gets hot. I chose not to go that route. This rifle is my "Get me home" gun. It has been test run and works as advertised, it is now cased and stored and I hope it will never have to be used for it's intended purpose hence the very simplistic setup.

A note to all that have not run one of these rifles hard yet. They get HOT. I mean oh mamma I can feel the heat hot, the burn skin kinda hot. So if your plinking and having fun with this type of rifle you might want give yourself more places to hang onto other than the two pistol grips.

And thanks to all that like the setup I chose I normally pimp the crap out of my AR's but my AK's stay pretty much stock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Is it safe to assume that this will work with any ace stock?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How do you mount that grip to the AMD?  Looks great.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is it safe to assume that this will work with any ace stock?

From what I have seen the screw holes in the Kreb's adaptor match up with the ACE folding unit. So I'm thinking yes as all of thier mounts are the same spacing also.  but when in doubt I'd call them just to make sure.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you mount that grip to the AMD?  Looks great.

The VFG? thats on a Kreb's offset adaptor.

Link Posted: 9/28/2010 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I have an ACE 8.5" with folding mechanism, like new condition, I'll sell for $100 shipped. I'll even throw in an adaptor that allows it to be used on fixed stock Yugo M70's. If interested, shoot me a PM. RJ
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Dammit Wraith! Just when I though I was done spending money on the AMD (aka Hungarian Fire Dragon) you post pictures of that badass setup on yours. Ordered an ACE side folder and the Krebs rear adapter block just now. Seriously though, I have AR's and AK's and out of all of them, the gun I'd most likely grab in a bad situation is the AMD65. So putting a real stock on it is a good investment even though Mrs. Phoenix might not think so (I'm a fucking deadman when she sees the UPS truck roll up). BC
Link Posted: 10/1/2010 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dammit Wraith! Just when I though I was done spending money on the AMD (aka Hungarian Fire Dragon) you post pictures of that badass setup on yours. Ordered an ACE side folder and the Krebs rear adapter block just now. Seriously though, I have AR's and AK's and out of all of them, the gun I'd most likely grab in a bad situation is the AMD65. So putting a real stock on it is a good investment even though Mrs. Phoenix might not think so (I'm a fucking deadman when she sees the UPS truck roll up). BC

LMAO! But truthfully your gonna love the set-up that adaptor allows you. The night and day difference between the regular stock and the ACE unit will be the best money spent. That  and if you get the big dots too.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Just got all my parts in..woohoo!
I'm sending the whole thing to my guy.
Getting refinished and the sights were canted anyway..so I'll let him put this all together.
I'll post pics when it gets back. Thanks again Wraith for your help!
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Glad I could help
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Getting refinished and the sights were canted anyway..so I'll let him put this all together.

Has it come back yet?

Tag for pics and range report.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#39]
so, which of you gentlemen want to sell me their take-off folding stocks. since i hacked my original stock off to attach a triangle i need an original to put back on it so it will fold again. unless they get f'd up when you remove them. i'd like to find one or two incase i get another idea for mine.FOUND ONE!
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has it come back yet?

Tag for pics and range report.

Well no....

All the parts are sitting in my livingroom waiting to ship.

Soon after that post I got a bit ill..like a real bad cold.

I ignored it and it turned into pneumonia..I'm typing from the hospital now.

I think I get out tommorrow or the next day and I will ship then.

The builder does killer work and this one should be fast.

I promise a range report and pics!
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#41]
have all my parts ready for this conversion, going to pick up my AMD tomorrow from the gun store. Can anyone maybe give me a heads-up on how to remove the pivot pin since i am totally new to the AK rifle?

thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#42]
ugly...but functional (like most folding adapters).  

I like the hard mount for the sling.

Link Posted: 2/4/2011 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Wraith; love the AMD, thinking about going this route with mine as well.  Quick question, does anyone know if the krebs adapter has a folding mech, or do you have to purchase the ACE folding stock?  I thought I saw that Wraith bought the fixed stock ie $64.95 version vs. the $124.90 folding version listed on the ACE website?  Also do you have to purchase the sling mount or does it come with the stock?  Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 2/4/2011 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wraith; love the AMD, thinking about going this route with mine as well.  Quick question, does anyone know if the krebs adapter has a folding mech, or do you have to purchase the ACE folding stock?  I thought I saw that Wraith bought the fixed stock ie $64.95 version vs. the $124.90 folding version listed on the ACE website?  Also do you have to purchase the sling mount or does it come with the stock?  Thanks in advance for the help.

Oh I bought the fixed unit [ 7.5 inch] AND the folding unit. but you could just put the stock on the mount and have a fixed stock and be done with it.

Link Posted: 2/4/2011 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the reply Wraith.  Think I might go that route vs the folding stock.  Also did you purchase the sling mount seperate?  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply Wraith.  Think I might go that route vs the folding stock.  Also did you purchase the sling mount seperate?  Thanks again.

The rear sling mount came with the Krebs adaptor. As a side note the sling mount screw is about a turn and half too long and will protrude into the screw holes for the stock. a washer will fix this. also the screws I got from ACE to mount the stock were a smidge too large on the head to fit into the Krebs adaptor. A quick hit on a sander will fix that also if they havent already fixed that problem at Krebs.

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Thank you once again for your help.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thank you once again for your help.

No problem man. This is what this is all about! We bounce info off each other so we spend our bread wisely. People see something that might work for them and run with it.

While were at it. If any of you guys are here in MI one of the vendors at the Gibralter gunshows has 30 round Hungarian steel mags BRAND NEW for $15 a piece. I picked up 8 and will probably get more at the next show.. Just an FYI

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#49]
So with the Krebs adapter the factory folding mechanism no longer functions? Is that correct?
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So with the Krebs adapter the factory folding mechanism no longer functions? Is that correct?

Correct. When installing the Krebs adaptor block you will be removing the pivot assembly from the trunnion. You can put it back at a later date if you wish.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top