Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/6/2017 2:09:08 PM EDT
How much truth to this ? Was searching on gunbroker and came across a Arsenal SLR 105 that the seller said was rare.

Rare 2 Rivet RAMP/Russian Trunion Arsenal SLR-105
rare gun. Here's the controversy:
KG 44 serial numbered SLR-105 5.45 rifles were actually Russian made guns that were sent to Bulgaria in the mid to late 80's and remarked by them with a circle-10, etc. The way to identify such a rifle is it has a two rivet feed ramp, and markings on the top side of the block with different numbers than the Bulgarian ones. It's kinda cool to have a Russian AK-74!

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/651721395
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, all the Bulgarian 74s were 2 rivet feed ramps. My AKSU (built from a 105) is a 2 rivet feedramp.

Went through my photobucket account and it seems that if it wasn't a SAIGA that I converted I never took pics of the bullet guide.

Anyway, I'll stick with what I said above until someone else chimes in and tells me I'm wrong.

As for it being a real Russian rifle remarked, no clue. Suppose it's possible, although on mine the trunnion is marked pretty deep and it doesn't look like it was scrubbed at one time.

Link Posted: 6/11/2017 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Every 105 I've ever seen the serial number starts with KG 44, mine included.  Don;t know about the Russian connection though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Two rivet bullet guides are typically considered an earlier Russian feature, most typically associated with Tula produced AKS-74u rifles. Russia provided Bulgaria with parts and supplies for nearly every "standard" iteration of AK that came about. Things like milled receivers for their AKK/AKKS series (FB Radom also provided milled receivers to Bulgaria), trunnions/furniture for the AKKM/AKKMS series and AKK74/AKKS74 series. The remarking of Russian components by Bulgaria is a common practice that was done very early on in Bulgarian AK production history. I can't speak to how "rare" they are, but they are certainly not common in the US.

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember hearing at the time that they used some Russian parts,I've never heard the whole rifle story before.
would be interesting to know the truth
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every 105 I've ever seen the serial number starts with KG 44, mine included.  Don;t know about the Russian connection though.
View Quote
Mine's a KG44 also, but I've never heard of them being Russian scrubs.  I do know that the RPK-74 kits that Ohio Rapid Fire sold were scrubbed and remarked with the Circle-10.  I remember there were members on the other AK forum back in the day that were posting pics of the trunnions from those kits and some of the Circle-10's were stamped on a very deep, obvious ground down area.  Similar story to the Russian-to-China remarked SVD's.  Very interesting, indeed.

My kit from ORF, complete with the shiny plum grip:
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine's a KG44 also, but I've never heard of them being Russian scrubs.  I do know that the RPK-74 kits that Ohio Rapid Fire sold were scrubbed and remarked with the Circle-10.  I remember there were members on the other AK forum back in the day that were posting pics of the trunnions from those kits and some of the Circle-10's were stamped on a very deep, obvious ground down area.  Similar story to the Russian-to-China remarked SVD's.  Very interesting, indeed.

My kit from ORF, complete with the shiny plum grip:
http://i43.tinypic.com/1417bkh.jpg
View Quote
that kit is amazing
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]
105's are proper 74 pattern guns.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top