Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2017 11:25:05 AM EDT
Some of my questions may seem obvious, but I don't have a rifle to install any parts on but will within the month, but bear with me. I want to have everything good to go when the time comes.

I recently picked up a nice AK47 furniture set that I identify as being Bulgarian. Actually, it came with some other parts and magazines, so it was essentially free! The set is missing the upper and lower handguard tension springs and the sling swivel and screws. The swivel and screws were easily sourced and installed. I also ordered the handguard springs and, being new to AKs (had a Yugo about 15 years ago and sold it - dumb) have some questions about them.

The upper handguard spring (guard catch) is loose in the upper handguard. Is this normal? I assume it is and when installed pushes outward and into the handguard.

The lower handguard tension spring I received appears to be too narrow and doesn't really match up to the contour of the rear of the handguard. Looking at pics, I see that some handguards use a tension spring on the front, while others (mine included) have the tension spring at the rear. The spring I have looks to be a perfect match for the front. Am I wrong and the spring is the same whether it is installed in the front or rear or are they specific? If there is a rear specific spring can someone tell me a source? I can only find the one that resembles what I already have.

Thanks in advance.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top