Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/25/2016 10:25:07 PM EDT
Can anyone give me advice on what you would do?
I have a  brand new SLR 104 and front sight elevation will not turn up or down, I have used penetrating oil and broken three front sight factory tools
Help!
I don't really want to have to send it back right away
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It could have a little paint in the threads.

Warm the sight and barrel around it up with a torch to melt any paint and move the sight while it's warm to break it loose.
After that it should move more easily.

Note: WARM, NOT smokin' #*&^ red hot.  You just want it hot enough that you can't comfortably hold your hand on it.
If you can get some Kroil locally or can wait for delivery after ordering some from Brownell's, put some on the threads and let soak at least over night.  It's the very best penetrating fluid.

If that doesn't do it, send it back and them repair it on their dime.  Call them for a shipping label or a pick up notice so you don't have to pay for shipping either way.
Better to bite the bullet and send it back then damage it and have to live with that.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Got it to move today!
Never had one that tight
Range report next week end with Wolf 70 gr and Silver Bear 60 gr
I mounted the Aimpoint Micro H1 and Ultimak its ready to go
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear you got it sorted, and looking forward to range report

Z
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got it to move today!
Never had one that tight
Range report next week end with Wolf 70 gr and Silver Bear 60 gr
I mounted the Aimpoint Micro H1 and Ultimak its ready to go
View Quote

on my 104UR the front sight post was so stuck i broke 2 of Magna-Matic's unbreakable sight tools before it moved
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top