Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/5/2016 9:51:13 PM EDT
Title says it all.  Am I missing something?  I have installed the factory issued sling and have it adjusted to the MAX length and it's still way too short.  Are these slings just made for a different purpose like strictly shoulder slung carry?  I have only had fixed stocked AK's with traditional sling mounts in the past.  What are popular modern slings for side folding ak's?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Something similar came up in AK Discussions recently.

This might be helpful: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/161279_Do_I_just_sling_my_AK_s_wrong__.html
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:06:30 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the help.  I'm sure I'll figure something out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Arsenal cheaped out on the included sling, the green sling they give you is not the standard length it's much shorter. It's been that way for a long time now
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Do yourself a favor and pick up a VCAS AK sling. Your welcome.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea, Arsenal INc. gives us a non mil spec sling that is about a foot short than my Russian ak slings. There new ak rifle sells for about $1300  now can you believe that shit,,,, been like that for a long time,  Arsenal get your shit together.......
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Blue Force Gear ak sling.  I just got one for my slr107 and it is great.  Strange having one side of the sling on the opposite side of the rifle but you get used to it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#7]
They only work for carrying your rifle parade style on the shoulder.

If you want a full length Bulgarian sling in OD cotton, head to eBay with $15 to spend.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah they are dumb. Get a Russian sling.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top