Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/17/2016 4:59:52 PM EDT
Don't have pics.
Anyway, I looked the gun over for the common problems when I first bought it, and everything looked to be fairly straight.
I have noticed that the 74 style brake is wobbly, and the detent pin is installed out of center in the FSB, so the brake is canted a little right.
Doesn't seem to affect anything, and the gun shoots great.
Anyone else have this?
I guess I better count my blessings, as I've read it is almost impossible to find an AK without something crooked.
Oh, I like is so much so far that I am thinking of getting a 104.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The wobble isn't a big deal but my detent pin was also off center.  I was just thankful to have centered sites.  I replaced the 74 brake with a Manticore flash hidder which doesn't require the ports to be lined up.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps not the right way but it works, use soft jaws in a vise and put slight pressure on the outside of the brake, it'll crush it ever so slightly and make it fit tighter.

Id wait it out to see if there's a better solution but like I said it works and it's so minute you can't tell the difference,
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 1:51:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Easy fix, do this,

https://youtu.be/v3DbvdmcOPs
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top