Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/21/2015 10:19:44 AM EDT
Through reading I have found out that the BD 106s have the "fix" on the feed ramp. I just picked up my 106 from my lgs. The serial is BD46XXXX, I was relieved then after looking up date codes It shows that it was made in 2006. A year before they were making the AB rifles? Anyone want to chime in, I have been googling but this question goes unanswered on threads.

I have an slr106 with a serial number prefix AB and Im having some serious feeding and extraction problems.
View Quote

ser # is AB 47XXXX
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I called Arsenal and inquired about an AB 47 serial number on a rifle I am buying, I was told that this particular gun was built/imported in early 2013 and that the prefix doesn't necessarily show what year the rifle was manufactured like most internet information you read. This may have been true about serial numbers on Bulgarian 80's/90's kits but Arsenal said this isn't accurate for identifying current production.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Threads on the 106 serial number prefix were abundant on the forums back when these were guns were new to the market.   I found one from six years ago.  Because it was from another forum, I sent the link to you on IM.  (I don't think we're allowed to post links to other forum boards).

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top