Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/22/2015 10:18:31 AM EDT
Besides the SLR-104FR having the folding stock in comparison to the SLR-105 having a fixed stock, is there anything else drastically different between the two in build quality, etc?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Besides the SLR-104FR having the folding stock in comparison to the SLR-105 having a fixed stock, is there anything else drastically different between the two in build quality, etc?
View Quote

IIRC the receiver on the 105 was built in-house by Arsenal before the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you clarify that? Wasn't aware of a lawsuit or the receivers of both guns being built anywhere other than the Arsenal factory in Bulgaria.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The 105 was an original Bulgarian receivered AK back in the early days of the 5.45 ammo run in the US. All in the fixed stock.

The 104 is the current import of the folding stock version.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Can you clarify that? Wasn't aware of a lawsuit or the receivers of both guns being built anywhere other than the Arsenal factory in Bulgaria.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a lawsuit around 2006 brought by Izhmash claiming Arsenal owed royalties because Izhmash provided the machinery to make the AK74. I don't remember all the details but i think the solution was Arsenal stopped  making stamped receiver and had another firm in Bulgaria provide the receiver
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There was a lawsuit around 2006 brought by Izhmash claiming Arsenal owed royalties because Izhmash provided the machinery to make the AK74. I don't remember all the details but i think the solution was Arsenal stopped  making stamped receiver and had another firm in Bulgaria provide the receiver
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm..never heard anything of the sort during the period or since. (first time hearing it actually)
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There was a lawsuit around 2006 brought by Izhmash claiming Arsenal owed royalties because Izhmash provided the machinery to make the AK74. I don't remember all the details but i think the solution was Arsenal stopped making stamped receiver and had another firm in Bulgaria provide the receiver
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a lawsuit around 2006 brought by Izhmash claiming Arsenal owed royalties because Izhmash provided the machinery to make the AK74. I don't remember all the details but i think the solution was Arsenal stopped making stamped receiver and had another firm in Bulgaria provide the receiver

I'd like a see a source or articles cited on that. I know that Russia and Izhmash despise Arsenal of Bulgaria, but what choice did Bulgaria have after the Soviet Union collapsed?
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top