Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/9/2015 4:38:22 PM EDT
Was pawn shopping today and found an SA 93....gun looks almost brand new, not a scratch anywhere.....They were asking $600 for it, I told them to unban it etc...was going to be a couple hundred....I ended up buying it for $550 out the door.

I think I'm going to cut the tang off it and install an ACE sidefolder. As far as the front end, I'll probably send it out and have a gas block front sight mod done- fixes both the front sight and the gas block....don't care much about a cleaning rod. I'll have the barrel threaded and install an AAC 51T.

Not exactly a purist "restoration" but it will be a very useful rifle for modest expense.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
You stole that SA 93, they usually go for $800+ depending on condition

Don't cut the tang, Bonesteel makes a similar stock that works with the tang, and if you get it de-banned, you'll have an excellent Bulgarian AKK clone (Type 3 milled AK)

Here are some examples:

My SA 93 with Bonesteel stock:

SLR 95 with same stock:
</a>" />
</a>" />

SA-93 converted to Bulgy AKK

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Bonesteel it is then.....I'm still going to put a front sight/gas block combo on it- I like the look.... and thread for an AAC....

Yea, it was a good deal...I do quite a bit of business in that shop though.....and I wasnt lying...it's not cheap to unban the gun...several hundred when its all said and done....about the same cost as buying an Arsenal but this gun will be milled.....
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought the 45 degree gas block rifles had a heavier barrel. Does anyone make a gas block/front sight combo that will fit a heavy barrel? Also what about the port in the barrel itself, will it match with the combo? Me, I would be leaning toward a type III deal with a '93. And keep the tang. You bought it for a great price. If you cut the tang the '93 will probably be worth no more than what you have in it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought the 45 degree gas block rifles had a heavier barrel. Does anyone make a gas block/front sight combo that will fit a heavy barrel? Also what about the port in the barrel itself, will it match with the combo? Me, I would be leaning toward a type III deal with a '93. And keep the tang. You bought it for a great price. If you cut the tang the '93 will probably be worth no more than what you have in it.
View Quote

I'll have to see if someone makes a gas block that will work. I have no interest in "restoring" it. I'm a shooter and I'm just looking at the most practical way to convert the gun to a useful configuration. I don't care if it looks "exactly like some Bulgarian conscript would have carried circa 1982".....
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#5]
nice score
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Mac, What pistol grip is that on your SA93?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Bulgarian AR M9 grip, got it from Bonesteel as well.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top