Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2015 11:06:55 PM EDT
Hi all,

Today I traded My Romanian AK74 for a Arsenal SLR106 in 5.56 I have 4 AK74 5.45 East German Bakelie Mags, So after I got Home I decided to test the AK74 Mags for fit in the Arsenal, They fit perfect with a very nice loud Click. So next I loaded some 5.56 ammo in the Ak74 Mag They seem to fit pretty nice in the Mag,
So next I seated the loaded Mag into the Arsenal and Hand cycled all the rounds thru the Arsenal with No problem. So in Theory They should work? But before I go to the Range and run into issues, I was hoping Someone here has already tried this and can tell Me if its a GO or No Go?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
from what I know, they don't seem to like with more than 20 or so rounds in them, even with the follower changed out to a 223 one. The  556/223 is just a tad longer than the 5.45, so that's where most issues arise.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard reports that some trim a couple of coils off the mag spring and then was able to go full
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the replies and have decided it is a lot easier to Buy the correct circle 10 Mags and sell the East German Bakelite Mags.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
They'll work with about 20 or less. Expect some to jam in the breech. They look nicer in the SLR106 than they work.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appreciate the replies and have decided it is a lot easier to Buy the correct circle 10 Mags and sell the East German Bakelite Mags.
View Quote

Goood choice, the prices are comparable now and there's really no reason to shoehorn the 5.45 mags for 5.56.

Also check out Beryl mags, they are available from Robert RTG parts and other sellers. Work the same in the SLR106 but lack the steel reinforcements at the rear, which the C10 mags have. Both mags have front reinforcements. Typically the Beryl mags are $10-20 cheaper per mag than the C10s.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank You Everyone for the reply's I bought 5 Circle 10 5.56 Mags from a ar15.com Member on the EE Today. Man I sure love the EE here on ar15.com I have both bought and sold on here, and have made some great Buys and Sold stuff that I ethier no longer need or wanted.
Yes the Brownish Orange Bakelites do look Awesome and Cool in the All Black Arsenal, So do the Smoke Colored Mags that I bought Today and got 1 with the Gun.
It just didn't sound practical to butcher up the Bakelites as nice as They are, Mine are as New! I am also going to order 4 Solid Black Circle 10's from
Circle 10 AK.com  They have Them for 39.95 and 9.95 S/H They have the best Price that I could find.

The Arsenal I traded for is like new condition, even though I haven't Shot it yet, Hopefully Tomorrow I think I made a pretty decent trade. I traded My Romanian SAR-2 and 6 East German Bakelite Mags and a 1100 Rounds of 5.45 ammo I know the 5.56 isn't true to the AK Rifle but I wanted Ammo Compatability with My 2 AR's and My Son wants to Shoot it in 3 Gun Competition which is Something He couldn't do with the 5.45 because of the Steel Core Ammo Shooting thru the Steel Targets! The Range Master doesn't Appreciate that to well. We inquired about Him Running it and They said NO. So now He has a AK that He can Run for all the Close up Targets usually within 50 Yards or so.

Thanks Again for Everyone's Help.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 105 and bought a half done East German Bakelites from a guy that apparently modded the followers "slightly" to make them work. Mainly melting the front portion of the followers to help the rounds align with the chamber; needless to say, I bent them back and work great on my 5.45.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top