Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 9:08:52 PM EDT
Right, so I am about to purchase my first and final ak. I have chosen the SLR.

I found a shop with plenty in stock around 900-ish but it seems they only have "10 Round" versions. My state doesn't have limits on magazines so this would be more of a hindrance than  anything.

Would it be possible for me to purchase this rifle, then alter it to take REGULAR capacity mags? How would one go about doing this?

How easy/hard would it be?

Thank You!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
They ship with 10rd mags from the factory. They will accept any double stack mag.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:59:20 AM EDT
[#2]
The 10 round mag it comes with is a double stack, they take all double stack mags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:43:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both!
I'll report back after I have purchased it.

Being my first AK i'm kind of nervous, how accurate are the SLR's within 100yds?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]
should be 2-3 MOA @ 100 yards.  I bought a 107FR, excellent rifle.  Buy with confidence

Heres mine, It now wears an ACOG and wood hand guards, many people on this forum have them and are extremely happy with them

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:09:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Love my 107FR.

" />
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Beautiful! How is that metal stock? weight wise compares to synthetic? How is the cheek weld? And considering this will be my go-to ak which stock would be better for all around use?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Love that Mag! Nice Ferrule too!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#8]
The 107FR is the Colt 6920 of the AK world.  Any capacity double stack mag will work just fine.  Enjoy your 107 - they are damn fine rifles.  I have one and it is my "go to"....
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks! I'm just trying to justify dropping a grand on an AK. I mean I thought the whole idea was them being extremely affordable.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks! I'm just trying to justify dropping a grand on an AK. I mean I thought the whole idea was them being extremely affordable.
View Quote

there are varying levels of quality to AK's, they're all built like tanks but the extra $$$ for a SLR 107FR gets you the Ferrari of AK's when it comes to what is available factory new right now

if you want quality at a lower price then check out yugo PAP's, they're another fine factory built rifle but they don't have the chrome lined barrel, folding stock or standard handguards and stock
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The ammo is cheapish
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I love mine..... One of the best AK's I've ever owned.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice Ferrule too!
View Quote

What is the ferrule part?
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top