Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/4/2015 12:30:29 AM EDT
Which is considered most desirable SAM7? What stock length? Buy with rails?
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a question only you can answer. It's like asking what's better, A black Chevy pick up, or a white Ford pick up. You would need to see all the different variants, & decide which one better suits your needs. Me, I hate any AK that has a scope rail, but others might have a need for that. While we can all tell you the SAM 7 is a great AK, you would have to decide which variant better suits your needs. If we knew what your intended use was, we might be able to answer your question. But it seems so many people who buy the SAM 7 just keep it in the safe as a safe queen, & never shoot it, then it doesn't really matter which variant you buy.  GARY
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Gary,
Really sensible response!  I want a SAM7 to shoot. I like the SAM7R but I don't know the lop on the various models. I like the Underfolder but don't know what
it would feel like after several hundred rounds at the range?  Are Arsenal rails acceptable?  Like light capability.
greyman556
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#3]
A scope rail is nice in case you ever want to add an optic. For a real shooter, you will probably not be happy with the SAM7UF paratrooper model. You are better off with the SAM7SF right side folder or one of the fixed stock SAM7R models. The -51 has the standard Warsaw stock, while the -61 has the slightly longer Intermediate length stock, which I think is the best, as its in between Warsaw and Nato lengths. Be aware that the SAM7SF has a NATO length of pull. I have one, and its fine for me at 6ft tall.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 5:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]
From all the sam 7's that have been sold i think the most desireable was the sam 7 carbine, then the sam 7 classic, then the sam 7 sf.  I have both the carbine and sf.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the rear sling mount removable?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From all the sam 7's that have been sold i think the most desireable was the sam 7 carbine, then the sam 7 classic, then the sam 7 sf.  I have both the carbine and sf.
View Quote

The Classis, which is a US-made Type 3 clone, is probably the most desirable, but costs way too much
If I remember, the SAM7 Carbine was a US-made AK with a Warsaw stock and no side scope rail.
The SAM7R is Bulgarian-made, has a intermediate stock,  and has a side scope rail. I don't have one currently, but really think its the best range toy
I still think the SAM7SF is the best all-around Go-To rifle, but that's just an opinion.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top