Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/24/2015 9:43:43 AM EDT
Went to a gunshow last week and picked up an AK74.Built on a Nodak Spud receiver NDS-2 on a Bulgarian parts kit with a fixed stock,Military Bulgarian trigger (nice),a zigzag muzzle brake,and what looks like Arsenal US made furniture w/heat shield.Sights are straight and all numbers match.Parts kit numbers color filled in white..Came with no box or accessories.Guy I bought it from claimed it was an Arsenal,but it has no markings on it except for the Nodak Spud markings on the bottom of the receiver.Finish is black paint,and I think it has a chrome lined barrel (seller claimed it does,but I'll be damned if I can tell for sure).Nice looking rifle,but I am curious about its origins.What do you think?.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#1]
If there is no manufacturer stamped/penciled on it, it's a homebrew.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#2]
A pic or two might help, but as stated above, the NDS receiver means its a parts-kit build. NDS receivers are top quality. And parts kit build can range from Crap Terd all the way up to Top Notch. It just depends on the builder.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The guy who sold it to you is a first class ass sniffer and you can tell em I said it, it is definitely not an arsenal. That said, it is hard to tell without pictures.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it is definitely not an arsenal.
View Quote

If you are unhappy with it, and "the guy" you bought it from is an FFL dealer, you may want to return it on the grounds of Misrepresentation.
All rifles made by Arsenal of Las Vegas and Arsenal of Bulgaria are engraved accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#5]
If you don't mind, what did you pay?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I paid too much,but it was shiny and I am weak.Had a bit of a problem with it being really hard to cycle.Figured out that the bolt carrier was hanging up on the ejector.Did some research this morning,and learned that the ejector might require trimming to the proper length (.580 from left outside of receiver to tip of ejector).So I pulled my dial caliper and my ejector measured .595.Aha,said I.Filed it down to .580 and she cycles fine now.Now off to the range.Bought 1080 rounds of 7n6 for some familiarization fire,but so far only have the one Tapco mag the shyster gave me with the rifle.Will get many Circle 10 mags if this thing works.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you are unhappy with it, and "the guy" you bought it from is an FFL dealer, you may want to return it on the grounds of Misrepresentation.
All rifles made by Arsenal of Las Vegas and Arsenal of Bulgaria are engraved accordingly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it is definitely not an arsenal.

Well, technically couldn't the Bulgarian parts be ((10)) stamped and therefore from Arsenal Bulgaria? Granted that is not the same as saying it is an "Arsenal" rifle 'cause it's not. But saying the parts came from Arsenal might be correct.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Critical thinking at its finest ha ha! ^^^
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Snip ^^^
View Quote

In before familiar.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top