Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/9/2014 6:23:35 PM EDT
I was thinking of swapping my factory muzzle brake on my SLR101 for one of Arsenals AK74 type muzzle brakes.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-AISAK-140US

My question is, is running an AK74 type MB "correct" for these type of guns? I don't really want to run a western style muzzle device and im looking to keep the rifle looking correct if that makes sense. I know the SGL's come with brakes from the factory...

What other options are there?

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a real, chrome lined one from K-Var or Krebs; they won't fit on you SLR 101S though, it has 14x1 LH threading.
If you're worried about being period correct, put a slant brake or muzzle nut on it, that is what most Type III milled AKs had; add some wood furniture to it as well.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy a real, chrome lined one from K-Var or Krebs; they won't fit on you SLR 101S though, it has 14x1 LH threading.
If you're worried about being period correct, put a slant brake or muzzle nut on it, that is what most Type III milled AKs had; add some wood furniture to it as well.
View Quote

Thank you!
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top