Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/22/2014 3:29:08 PM EDT
My fiancé got me an early Christmas present - an Arsenal SA M7 Carbine!  Anything you all can tell me about this rifle.  I did some research and was there to pick it out.  Info available on this rifle is minimal.  Oh, and she also got me 5 circle 10 - 30 round mags, a black Bulgarian military sling and a case of ammo.  I have to say I have the best girl ever!!  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You have a nice fiancé. The Arsenal SA M-7 Carbine is a high quality rifle built by Arsenal of Las Vegas. It's basically a slightly neutered US-made version of the Arsenal SAM7R, built by Arsenal of Bulgaria, then imported and made 922r compliant by Arsenal of Las Vegas. Your Carbine should have a standard Warsaw-length stock, no scope rail, no muzzle threads, and no bayonet lug.

SA M-7 rifles have US-made receivers build to Arsenal Bulgaria spec.
SAM7 rifles have Bulgarian-made receivers.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info - this has the muzzle threads and it has a bayonet lug but no scope rail.  It has the Bulgarian carbine buttstock and U.S. marked forward grips top and bottom.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info - this has the muzzle threads and it has a bayonet lug but no scope rail.  It has the Bulgarian carbine buttstock and U.S. marked forward grips top and bottom.
View Quote

Then maybe they offered it in BAN and NO Ban variants. Either way, its a good rifle.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Then maybe they offered it in BAN and NO Ban variants. Either way, its a good rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I have a post ban as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one when they first came out. I believe they were made during the ban, so no threaded muzzle. I paid $599 brand new. Those were made in the good days before Arsenal would lose their guns in the warehouse. Then when they "find" them they double the price.  GARY
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
You better marry that girl and treat her nice.  A woman who buys guns for her man - priceless...  

Nice rifle - it will serve you well...
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
how are you liking the carbine?

this thred needs pics

for now here is my carbine. i am in it deep , like 10 years blood, sweat, and tears deep!

mine is a 2002 ban model that has seen very little use. since i got it allready scratched it with the gas tube lever by over turning it nothing like adding an idiot mark to a 14 yr old piece of art!
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top