Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/16/2014 8:08:56 PM EDT
How durable is the finish on the newest Arsenal Bulgarian Stamped rifles?

Also how well does it resist rust?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
They don't rust, but don't allow anything stronger than water to come in contact with the finish, or it will wash away.  GARY
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of the newer ones, made in 2013. The finish is pretty durable, wear in the obvious places but I'd say it holds up pretty well. I've always heard complaints about their finish but mine is good to go.</a>" />
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no idea when my 105 was made, but it has the original finish and hasn't even thought about coming off. Of course I only use CLP to clean it
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They don't rust, but don't allow anything stronger than water to come in contact with the finish, or it will wash away.  GARY
View Quote

You must have some really hard water!

Use the right cleaner (CLP) and the paint is very durable and rust resistant.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have no idea when my 105 was made, but it has the original finish and hasn't even thought about coming off. Of course I only use CLP to clean it
View Quote

There is a number on the trunnion, should be somewhere in the 50 range. Add 1960 to that and you have the year of manufacture.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
CLP is fine.

Just don't go any stronger than that.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There is a number on the trunnion, should be somewhere in the 50 range. Add 1960 to that and you have the year of manufacture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

the 1st 2? If so, it an 04

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:the 1st 2? If so, it an 04

View Quote

Every 105 I've seen were from 2004, (but I haven't seen them all so other dates are possible).
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#9]
hoppes 9 takes off the finish.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an SLR 104 which came into the country 9 months ago or so, and the finish looks to be painted over park. I did notice that the paint will get soft once it gets hot, as after I fired of a few magazines and then sat the gun down there was a bad spot in the finish where the barrel touched the bench.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top