Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2014 10:01:47 PM EDT
Just received my slr 107-34 and it seems to be a very well built rifle besides one thing and I don't even know whether its an issue or not.  When I pull the bolt all the way to the back and release very slowly it will stop.  If I pull it back and let go it will go into battery.  Is this something I need to worry about?  Being my first ak im not real familiar with the platform.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just received my slr 107-34 and it seems to be a very well built rifle besides one thing and I don't even know whether its an issue or not.  When I pull the bolt all the way to the back and release very slowly it will stop.  If I pull it back and let go it will go into battery.  Is this something I need to worry about?  Being my first ak im not real familiar with the platform.
View Quote

Sounds normal to me.  Let it fly.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is common in most, if not all AK type rifles; the BCG is being pressed upwards against the rails by the spring tension on the hammer.
Some saigas had bolt hold open devices, but what you're talking about is not a BHO function.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  Now I need to go out and shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#4]
It will smooth up with use.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Normal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Its an AK, no need to ride the bolt. Also, its normal. Take it to the range and it'll smooth itself out.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]
+1

quit being pussies w/ your guns. the bolt carrier is designed to go back violently and come forward violently (like when you shoot it..)...when you baby anything, slides, bolts, etc on just about any fighting firearm you're doing it wrong

there is NO need to "ride" any bolt on any rifle. pull it back all the way and let it go

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a normal function because on semi AK's sold here, the safety sear is removed, which would normally keep the hammer from rubbing on the bolt carrier. GARY
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Normal on AK's. It might improve with break-in. Some people might opt to polish the hammer surface to let the bolt travel smoother, but do so at your own risk.

When I got my SLR, I could not get the bolt carrier to stick on matter how slowly I released it. It only happens if I use a Tapco G2 trigger.

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top