Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/1/2014 9:10:27 PM EDT
I just got my new Arsenal SLR-107 from Atlantic Firearms and noticed that the side rail is not attached parallel to the top of the receiver.  I don't have a pic but I found this one on the web that shows what I'm talking about...

The front of the optics rail is slightly lower than the rear.  Just wondering if this is normal.  I doubt I will ever use the rail but it is tickling my OCD a bit if not normal.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just got my new Arsenal SLR-107 from Atlantic Firearms and noticed that the side rail is not attached parallel to the top of the receiver.  I don't have a pic but I found this one on the web that shows what I'm talking about...

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/gh0001356/arsenal_slr107-63_tan_c_zps0e854de5.jpg

The front of the optics rail is slightly lower than the rear.  Just wondering if this is normal.  I doubt I will ever use the rail but it is tickling my OCD a bit if not normal.

Thanks
View Quote

It is supposed to be parallel to the barrel, not the top cover. You want the optic to be inline with the barrel (obviously), the top cover doesn't affect the accuracy of the rifle at all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/gh0001356/arsenal_slr107-63_tan_c_zps0e854de5.jpg

Thanks
View Quote

Yours looks right. Slap an optic on it and see if you can get a zero. You probably will.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yours looks right. Slap an optic on it and see if you can get a zero. You probably will.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Per the OP's post: that picture is not the OP's. It is a sample to explain what rail the OP is speaking of. Reading is fundamental.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
SLR-107F's do not have the side rails, the 107FR models do.  The option I purchased was the 107f and it is a good rifle but is missing the rail which meant i needed to use a hand guard to mount an optic.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top