Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/21/2014 12:18:17 PM EDT
I just got my first Bulgarian AK an SLR107FR. How does the Tapco g2 trigger compare to the Arsenal and is it worth the upgrade? Any other aftermarket AK triggers to consider?

Update: I just installed the G2 but haven't shot it yet. I was extremely surprised that here is hardly any take up on this trigger before it breaks. Was that your experience as well? I'll go shoot it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually prefer the 2 stage arsenal trigger, but I believe I am in the minority.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I put one into a '90s vintage Mak 90 and several people flipped out. I had a problem with trigger slap w/original trigger. Installed the G2 and the trigger improvement was excellent. No more slap, better take up, less creep. Overall a much better trigger than my original Mak 90. There is a Company called Texasaktriggers.com, or something to that effect that many people here and on other forums seem to like, but it is more spendy (2-3x$). I have no experience with this trigger so cannot comment. There may be other options out there that I am not aware of. Search "AK Triggers" on Bing and see what comes up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually prefer the 2 stage arsenal trigger, but I believe I am in the minority.
View Quote

I'm right there with you.  Still have the Factory Arsenal 2-Stage Trigger in all four of mine.  

They all have over 1,000 rounds each and the Trigger has definitely gotten better over time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:06:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm right there with you.  Still have the Factory Arsenal 2-Stage Trigger in all four of mine.  

They all have over 1,000 rounds each and the Trigger has definitely gotten better over time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me three.  I actually install the arsenal 2 stage on my awb era conversions.  I just like a definitive 2 stage trigger having learned to shoot mostly on wwii era mausers..

To the OP, I also have used the tapco unit and you really can't go wrong.  Easy take up and a nice break.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:18:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Me three.  I actually install the arsenal 2 stage on my awb era conversions.  I just like a definitive 2 stage trigger having learned to shoot mostly on wwii era mausers..

To the OP, I also have used the tapco unit and you really can't go wrong.  Easy take up and a nice break.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of my rifles are old Mil-surps, Garand, Enfield, Mauser, ect. Probably the reason that I prefer the two stage also.

I do need to polish the hammer face though, that thing is ROUGH...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#6]
If you took the FCG out of a MAK 90, & thought the Tapco FCG was better, then the MAK 90 FCG had already been replaced years ago with something else. That's like selling your bought & paid for Rolls, & buying a Kia. While both are good cars, the Kia will never feel as good as the Rolls. I'm the guy who buys the Chinese FCG's that people remove from their MAK90's, to install in my AK's. But to be fair, I have a Golani that does have a Tapco FCG, & while it feels good, it's not better than my Chinese FCG's.  GARY
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Definitely prefer the Tapco G2 in my SLR 107 over the factory trigger.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the tapco in my 104, but just barely.  Probably worth the $30, but I'm keeping the original just in case.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the Tapco for faster follow up shots.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#10]
The Tapco G2 is a very good trigger.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the replies. What's the difference between the single hook and double hook G2?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. What's the difference between the single hook and double hook G2?
View Quote

Single or double hook on the trigger.  Some receivers can't use a double hook.  You will need the single hook for a SLR-107.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you took the FCG out of a MAK 90, & thought the Tapco FCG was better, then the MAK 90 FCG had already been replaced years ago with something else. That's like selling your bought & paid for Rolls, & buying a Kia. While both are good cars, the Kia will never feel as good as the Rolls. I'm the guy who buys the Chinese FCG's that people remove from their MAK90's, to install in my AK's. But to be fair, I have a Golani that does have a Tapco FCG, & while it feels good, it's not better than my Chinese FCG's.  GARY
View Quote

So, according to you my NIB Mak was altered sometime between leaving the factory and arriving at my LGS where I bought it. Shazam Karnak, a regular genius you must be. Back then they were selling for about $225. Who would have bothered to swap the trigger/hammer out for an even worse one from god knows where parts company. You may be different but I don't consider excessive trigger slap part of any kind of decent trigger group. So in my case the G2 IS a better trigger for my purposes. Neither the original or the Tapco are Geissele or CMC, or ACT, but why put a $200 trigger in a $225 rifle? ymmv.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Single or double hook on the trigger.  Some receivers can't use a double hook.  You will need the single hook for a SLR-107.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Slr107fr has the worst ak trigger i have used to date, i replaced mine with a tapco! Other arsenal i own (slr101s) has one of the best ak triggers I've fired.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:24:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So, according to you my NIB Mak was altered sometime between leaving the factory and arriving at my LGS where I bought it. Shazam Karnak, a regular genius you must be. Back then they were selling for about $225. Who would have bothered to swap the trigger/hammer out for an even worse one from god knows where parts company. You may be different but I don't consider excessive trigger slap part of any kind of decent trigger group. So in my case the G2 IS a better trigger for my purposes. Neither the original or the Tapco are Geissele or CMC, or ACT, but why put a $200 trigger in a $225 rifle? ymmv.
View Quote
I've never heard of anyone having trigger slap on a Chinese AK with the original FCG. You are 1 in a million. Anyone else reading this have trigger slap from a Chinese FCG? None of my AK's do, & none of the customers at the LGS where I work mentioned that either, but I guess there's always one. Matter of fact, if you send me that  "defective" Chinese FCG, I promise to install it in one of my AK's & bet it's just fine.  GARY
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've never heard of anyone having trigger slap on a Chinese AK with the original FCG. You are 1 in a million. Anyone else reading this have trigger slap from a Chinese FCG? None of my AK's do, & none of the customers at the LGS where I work mentioned that either, but I guess there's always one. Matter of fact, if you send me that  "defective" Chinese FCG, I promise to install it in one of my AK's & bet it's just fine.  GARY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll email ya if I decide to put it on EE.

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top