Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/12/2014 12:23:09 AM EDT
I live in a relatively free state,can have all the evil features.
This rifle is coming from NY,and doesn't have the folding stock(well it might be pinned open,but there is no provision for a latch or release button in the receiver).
Rifle will need to be refinished,but comes with nine 30 round (10) mags,bayonet and a PK-AS red dot.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
How much and can you see the engraving that it is actually a 106. Unless you can get it for a real deal, I'd pass. Why take a rifle out of a banned state, only leaves less rifles for the residents of NY.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Pass.  I bought one of those ban-state 106s thinking to convert into a -74 clone with Russian Red furniture, etc.  It was a disaster.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are not interested i am interested on the PK-AS mounted on the rifle! Shoot me a text if the red dot is available for sale separately.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#4]
No way at any price.  Too much work to un-ban it and then refinish.  You can get a normal SLR-106FR on the EE for a decent price if you watch.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Plus the owner can probably get more money for it selling it to others in a commie depressed state.  GARY
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I would conisder it if it wasnt in such crummy shape. The only real ban modification that looks like it was made was the pinned muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like someone was going for the BFPU look. (Battlefield Pick Up)
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Finish doesn't bother me too much as Arsenals are the best when it comes to finish anyway,at least not the Slr AKs I have had.
Well except for the milled,it was nice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I got it,actually has a kind of cool in a worn way look to it.
I added some new handguards but they look too new.

I am guessing the stock is pinned,I removed the hinge pin,but there is a small pin going through the trunnion into the stock.

Of course,even IF I removed the stock,not sure what could be put in its place.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#10]
So looks like it has a folder trunnion there, but without the rest of the cutouts for the latch mechanism at the back and front.  After you knock/drill out that pin, you could put another 4.5mm folding stock but it'd flop around with no way to secure it.

You'd need these parts:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/KR-001BLA.html
http://www.k-var.com/shop/KR-001FLA.html

The rear one isn't too bad, but the front latch requires drilling into the front trunnion to seat the hinge pin.  I had a pro do that on a SLR-106UR pistol -> SBR conversion since I didn't want to drill too far and screw up the trunnion or barrel.  Ran me around $200.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks,appreciate the info.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top