Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/25/2014 7:34:00 AM EDT
I should be receiving my first Arsenal Tuesday, pretty pumped for it. I have an ak-74 style break laying around, and wondered if anyone has tested muzzle rise reduction between the two? I shoot a lot of steel and look for quicker follow up shots, as far as cosmetics go I'm fine with the looks of either. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/chris-dumm/ak-muzzle-device-test-part-1-recoil-reduction/
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The slot brake he used isn't the same as the ones the arsenals come equipped with, although helpful I'm not sure how that specific break performs. Same general idea but the machining is different
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll need an adapter to put a 74 style brake on that gun.I'm putting a Bulgy birdcage flash hider on mime.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'll need an adapter to put a 74 style brake on that gun.I'm putting a Bulgy birdcage flash hider on mime.
View Quote

I don.t use an adapter... Tapco has x39 type 74 brake for @25.00.... They do work much better than slant type. I like them better,simply for smaller size and barrel length and weight...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont think you can really go wrong with muzzle devices on the ak rifle, however some are better than other. At some point I believe that it just comes down to cosmetics as opposed to performance. The ak74 style is a nice looking brake, and if it is legit and has a proper gas expansion chamber then it is a great choice. I have a Sam7 with a slant brake and my buddy says its not "proper" but idgaf its what I like
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I should be receiving my first Arsenal Tuesday, pretty pumped for it. I have an ak-74 style break laying around, and wondered if anyone has tested muzzle rise reduction between the two? I shoot a lot of steel and look for quicker follow up shots, as far as cosmetics go I'm fine with the looks of either. Thanks in advance!
View Quote

I have used both and the Tapco AK74 style brake will definitely make for faster follow up shots vs. the standard arsenal.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the feedback. I shot it today and will probably switch out the break to the 74 style before the weekend. I do like the way they look..
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback. I shot it today and will probably switch out the break to the 74 style before the weekend. I do like the way they look..
View Quote

Excellent choice.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top