Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 7:36:14 AM EDT
I just got me a SAM7R . I know it has the proper USA parts on it. Is the milled reciever totally finnished in Bulgaria .As the barrel also?  Just final assyemmly done here in USA ??? Just Courious. TIA WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
SAM7 series   =   imported by Arsenal Inc. (Las Vegas) from Arsenal-of-Bulgaria (100% Bulgarian), then made 922r compliant by swapping out a min of 5 parts (stock, hang guards, pistol grip, etc.)

SA M-7 series  =  Arsenal Inc. (Las Vegas) imports Bulgarian parts (barrel, FSB, GB, etc.) from Bulgaria and builds the rifle with a US-made receiver built to Arsenal Bulgaria spec, to include enough US made parts to be 922r compliant.

Most find the similarity of the part numbering to be confusing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
OK where is the cut off between the two makes ?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not clear what you mean by "cut off"

If you mean when did Arsenal Inc. stop making their own milled AK's, and start importing them, I would say somewhere around 2012-ish. But their production was ramping down a few years before that. I think the SA M-7 Classic was one of their later US-made runs.
If you want more info on all the Bulgarian-made Milled imports, I have a tac thread on the Bulgarian section of the AK Forum that should answer most of your questions.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

The main difference is that the recievers are finished in different countries and the amount of US made parts.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Just to be clear.
The US machined receiver on the m-7 models started as a Bulgarian hot die hammer forged receiver "blank"
These are Not machined from bar stock like US made receivers from cnc warrior, or firing line ect.
I do not know if the raw Forgings had any machine work before coming to the US.
It  is my understanding that Arsenal brought machines and personnel from the Bulgarian Arsenal factory when setting up in the US.
I own several Bulgarian made milled receivers, and one of the SAS M-7 Classic receivers.
I see no difference in quality of work.
I am actually thinking of buying another m-7.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just to be clear.
The US machined receiver on the m-7 models started as a Bulgarian hot die hammer forged receiver "blank"
These are Not machined from bar stock like US made receivers from cnc warrior, or firing line ect.
I do not know if the raw Forgings had any machine work before coming to the US.
It  is my understanding that Arsenal brought machines and personnel from the Bulgarian Arsenal factory when setting up in the US.
I own several Bulgarian made milled receivers, and one of the SAS M-7 Classic receivers.
I see no difference in quality of work.
I am actually thinking of buying another m-7.
View Quote

That's pretty much what I was told.They brought them over at 80-90% and finished them here.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top