Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2014 8:40:04 PM EDT
I'm new to the AK world but have been considering an Arsenal of some variant for some time. I went to my local shop and the had a SAM 7SFK which I ended up purchasing. This is the one with the 16" barrel not the SBR version, I've been doing some more research and discovered its a pretty rare gun.   My question is.. Is this a gun I want to actually shoot or is it more of a collectors gun?  Will I drastically reduce its value if I shoot it?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice purchase, but where's the pic...???

The SBR-ready milled Krink is definitely are rare bird in the SA M-7 SF series of rifles. Yes, you should SBR it, and No shooting it will not affect the value much, if at all.
I've been hoping they would release one with a Bulgarian-made receiver. But so far, all we've seen is a pistol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Post a pic
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Sounds like I shouldn't worry about shooting it then. I ordered a case from Midway over the weekeend. I'm on travel right now but I'm sure I can get some pics up this wekeend.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a collector's gun for the moment. If and when a 16" Bulgarian receiver SFK is released, the value will plummet just what happened with the SAM7SF's release to the SA M-7 SF's value.

IMO it's the ideal AK for blasting at the range. Great fun and with the booster, which is basically a single baffle suppressor that does nothing to the noise but does a great job suppressing the concussive, sinus passage clearing blast at the muzzle, there's not too much more flash or noise than you get out of a 16" AK.

There are way too few pictures of an original SA M-7 SFK floating around. I'll set the bar really low for pics in this thread, here's a cell phone shot of my SAR-M4SF (Bulgarian receiver SA M-7 SFK) clone build:

http://i.imgur.com/1UGjHqPl.jpg
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll seeing the rivet holes on the back of the receiver, I'll assume that you're gutting a SAM7SF rifle and SAM7K pistol to create a milled Krink............
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah.....I already have a 107UR Krink, but a milled Krink is the Holy Grail of 7.62 Krinks to me. I just really prefer it be the correct right-side folding set up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Post a pic when its done. I'm really curious to see how it looks.......
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll seeing the rivet holes on the back of the receiver, I'll assume that you're gutting a SAM7SF rifle and SAM7K pistol to create a milled Krink............
View Quote

You got it. Those are pin holes. Rivets would have been easier to remove. I didn't do the work removing them, but from what I was told those two pins did not come out easy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You got it. Those are pin holes. Rivets would have been easier to remove. I didn't do the work removing them, but from what I was told those two pins did not come out easy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I must admit that I've "thought" of doing the same project myself. Just trying to hold out a little longer to see if they offer a 16" milled Krink rifle. Good luck with your project.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice. Not many of those were ever for sale.
That will be pure Hotness after you SBR it.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top