Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/11/2014 12:28:19 PM EDT
Hopefully these will be available soon. I would like to install the side folder stock that comes with the SAM7SF
On my SAM7R. I wrote to K-Var to see if they will be available in the future and they said they get a lot of requests for them and are currently in talks with Arsenal Bulgaria to bring them to the US, but as of right now they don't have an answer yet.
Anyone else interested in this upgrade?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hopefully these will be available soon. I would like to install the side folder stock that comes with the SAM7SF
On my SAM7R. I wrote to K-Var to see if they will be available in the future and they said they get a lot of requests for them and are currently in talks with Arsenal Bulgaria to bring them to the US, but as of right now they don't have an answer yet.
View Quote

kind of... I bought the sam7r because it didn't have the weird ambi selector and the folder looked a little low for cheek weld.  I wonder if a solid type stock could be retrofitted to the folding mechanism.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

kind of... I bought the sam7r because it didn't have the weird ambi selector and the folder looked a little low for cheek weld.  I wonder if a solid type stock could be retrofitted to the folding mechanism.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The folder looked low for cheek weld? The standard AK-47 pattern stock is lower and has worse cheek weld.
I'm sure you could swap a poly folder if you flipped the hinge on the stock around and they uses a 5.5mm pin.

I put a Bonesteel right side folder on mine to mimic the look.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The folder looked low for cheek weld? The standard AK-47 pattern stock is lower and has worse cheek weld.
I'm sure you could swap a poly folder if you flipped the hinge on the stock around and they uses a 5.5mm pin.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right, that straight folder is higher, not sure what I was thinking of...  Anyway thanks for the lead on that bonesteel folder, might have to pick one of those up.

ETA:  does the bonesteel folder fit without having to cut the tangs off the receiver?
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 2:24:25 AM EDT
[#4]
They make a specific version for the milled 2 tang receiver.
http://www.bonesteelarms.com/Milled-Ak-Folding-Galil-style-stock-mldfsgl.htm

The SAM 7 SF folder has a NATO length to it due to the folding mechanism being outside of the receiver instead of inside as on a stamped gun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Attaching an Arsenal stock to Sam 7 R is also going to require you to cut the lower tang. No need to cut the tang with a bonesteel but it does stick out. It does not look too bad or get in the way .
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top