Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2011 7:34:41 PM EDT
The first picture below is an photo of an Arsenal SAM7 Classic somebody posted on the forum(s) a while back. I forget who. I'm posting it to show the rear sling loop on the left side of the milled receiver. I picked up a Bulgarian SA-93 which I intend to Deban and convert to a Bulgarian AK-47. I already have everything ready, including the rear sling loop and retainer, but I cannot find any specs on proper placement of the rear sling loop. If anybody had an Arsenal Classic, can you please take some measurements to help me determine where the receiver should be cut?  I would much appreciate it.

The second picture below is a photo of what "might" be a Bulgarian receiver, which "might" show the correct dimensions for the cut out, but I cannot confirm it. So I guess I'm sorta needing someone with an Arsenal Classic to confirm it for me. The height of the cut out sorta looks too tall to me. Plus the receiver has no lower tang, so I'm really wonding what's up.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2011 4:24:11 AM EDT
[#1]
ETA pics: (found on this site and others) apparently finding pics of the left side of AKs is like pulling teeth!

well, after looking through google, it would appear a majority of the milled AKs do make use of this sling swivel. The dimensions you posted in that second pic do appear to be near what I am seeing. There are a couple of companies out there that make a milled receiver, CNC is one off the top of my head. You might call them and ask.

I also noted on my search that there are some milled stock options that put the sling on the rear stock like the AKM,s. This may be a cheaper route to go.

My guess is it all depends on what you're going for. This is just a guess b/c I'm not into the milled thing and haven't owned a milled gun in a long time, but I believe the side sling loop is an older version, and the one on the stock may be newer? I may have it wrong....Whichever it may be, you might want to decide which conversion parts you're going to use on the barrel, and if you're going to use a modern type stock 1st. This may determine the authenticity of a side sling loop on your AK.

however, this Polish has the sling loop on the stock:

I hope that helped...its too early in the AM for me to be thinking clearly

Link Posted: 10/29/2011 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ETA pics: (found on this site and others) apparently finding pics of the left side of AKs is like pulling teeth!

well, after looking through google, it would appear a majority of the milled AKs do make use of this sling swivel. The dimensions you posted in that second pic do appear to be near what I am seeing. There are a couple of companies out there that make a milled receiver, CNC is one off the top of my head. You might call them and ask.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/NICTRA/Forum%20pics/2n7fvyx.jpg

The sling loop on the underfolders is part of the folding mechanism, not directly in the receiver.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Correct.....I'm not looking for the rear sling loop placement on a Bulgy underfolder. As stated above, its part of the folding mechanism. The Arsenal SAM7 Classic is a modern clone of the original Bulgarian Type 3 AK-47, which was designated by Arsenel of Bulgaria as the "AKK". This is what I'm trying to convert my SA-93 rifle to, and they have the rear sling loop installed on the left/rear of the receiver. Below are some pics of the original Bulgarian AK-47.

Link Posted: 10/29/2011 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]
you'll notice my caveat about too early in the morning.... there are still a lot that use the side one...

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/NICTRA/Forum%20pics/2n7fvyx.jpg

The sling loop on the underfolders is part of the folding mechanism, not directly in the receiver.

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top