Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2016 10:09:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nsnate02]
From another forum and a guy who is not a newbie. Rear sight maxed right, front sight maxed left and still shooting way left of POA! Canted Barrel? Surprisingly Century doesn't seem interested. I guess the good old Century is back.
Unuseable Canted Sight

So I order the Century WASR RH10. When I picked it up I noticed the sights were a little off so I wasn't worried about it. I can straighten canted sights as long as they are not too far out of whack. Well these ones are REALLY out of whack.

I have notified the seller and Century. We shall see what happens. The seller said it will be a while before it is resolved, two months, and then I only get a credit in a store that does not have anything else I want. I am starting to feel screwed because I cannot get a refund.

It has an adjustable rear sight and this is what it took to get on paper at 15 yards. All the way to the right and then it was only about 1/3 from the left edge of the sheet of paper. You cannot even shoulder it and get the sights lined up. You need to kind of lean over the gun to see the front and rear sights at the same time. And even though the front sight is centered there is no way I will get enough adjustment to get this thing zeroed at 25 yards.

Anybody here consider this acceptable for an $800 AK? I sure as hell don't.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 2:00:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: avatarhammer] [#1]
800 DOLLARS, American? Damn who would have thought. Can't really blame Century, other than they should take it back and straighten it. The barrelled receivers are put together in Romania, with the compliance parts put in here. I guess they need glasses over there.

A veteran AK owner should have enough rudimentary tools to knock the FSB over or the Rear around and re-pin.

Tools are cool
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless the barrel is canted in the receiver, which is what it looks like.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine for $575.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nsnate02:
View Quote

If by canted you mean the gas port isn't up and the gas block is canted, that shouldn't prevent the FSB from being aligned so the post can be zeroed. If the barrel is crooked to the left or right, or up or down, It'd really be screwed up if the FSB/ RSB/ both, couldn't be moved over and repinned to acheive a zero. In that case the seller may have greater responsibility than Century, depending on how old the thing is -- you never know what may have happened to that WASR after it left Century.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:06:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: avatarhammer] [#5]
Originally Posted By doublez72:
I got mine for $575.
View Quote

Much better price. I take it it runs like AKOU says

Sorry for double post -- I haven't mastered the double quote from 2 different posts
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 3:22:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nsnate02] [#6]
Originally Posted By avatarhammer:

If by canted you mean the gas port isn't up and the gas block is canted, that shouldn't prevent the FSB from being aligned so the post can be zeroed. If the barrel is crooked to the left or right, or up or down, It'd really be screwed up if the FSB/ RSB/ both, couldn't be moved over and repinned to acheive a zero. In that case the seller may have greater responsibility than Century, depending on how old the thing is -- you never know what may have happened to that WASR after it left Century.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By avatarhammer:
Originally Posted By nsnate02:

Turns out the barrel is indeed canted in the trunnion. I should add it's technically a WASR (not a model 10 or 10/63 however), but it's one of the new RH10's models.
Here was his latest picture.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn. That is messed up
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top