Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/18/2015 9:30:23 AM EDT

This is in a mini Draco.

Factory trigger and Tapco G2 both work flawlessly.

But the trigger hook on the AKT is quite a bit taller than on the other 2. The trigger hook is so tall that it gets in the way of the bolt carrier, preventing you from being able to charge the weapon.

Can I just sand a CM or 2 off the top of the trigger hook?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 6:29:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EB_311] [#1]
I haven't seen that yet.

Something else looks funny though. The carrier looks like it's only contacting the left side of the hammer.

I've installed three AKT triggers in Romanian rifles and the only issue I had was with the hammers rubbing the Tapco retaining plates where the red line is in the pic below

that was fixed with a file
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Won't hurt a thing dressing it down. But check to make sure your axis pin is locked in to proper position first by what ever retainer your using
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The AKT went into my MAK90 effortlessly. Did not have to use the roll pin in the trigger leg to adjust the safety function. Rifle has been function tested and fired (100 rds) and works perfectly. Great deal for the money and a very good product. Thanks ALG.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought the issue was the trigger hook being too tall, but it looks like the factory trigger hook is *almost* as tall.
So, I guess the issue is the trigger hook being too wide. (either/or, really)

The factory trigger hook curves outward at the top, allowing the bolt carrier to pass by on the side, while the AKT trigger hook just goes straight up and gets in the way.
(The Tapco G2 trigger hook just goes straight up too, but it's much shorter, allowing the bolt carrier to pass by over top.)

Now, for the million dollar question. To make the AKT work in my mini Draco, should I try to bend the top of the trigger hook outward, file it down on top, or file down the inside edge?

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 3:08:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: badclam] [#5]
DO NOT BEND IT! I've installed 12 ALG FCGs so far and had the same problem in 2 guns. A SAR1 and a mini Draco. Took a file to the corner of the hook on the first one. No reason not to, and it worked fine. In the SAR 1 had the same problem, so I touched it on a grinder and used a sanding wheel on the dremel to smooth it out. Both worked great after the modification. Only other problem I ran into was I had to open the hole about .040 with a file where the trigger goes through the receiver of a VEPR so it wasn't too tight.

The triggers are evidently made to be very tight fitting and since AKs vary a lot, some modification may be necessary. They are very good triggers and are worth the little bit of fitting if you have to sometimes. They eliminated the trigger slap and give a very short 3.5# break.

G2 triggers are garbage in comparison.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I had that issue with a Tapco trigger in one gun. A little work with a file fixed it up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Had the same exact issue on my Mini Draco. Just filed it down.

On a related note, I began to get a stovepipe issue after install. The only other change at the same time was an engraving.

The hammer design seams to put a different load (ramp angle maybe) on the bolt carrier when its down and being cycled back. It Might just need to wear in a bit, but I started getting stovepipe every 6-10 rounds after install.  Might be something else, but it started right after installing the ATK.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I take a dremel to both side of the trigger hook? I'm.having the problem I never had before with the bolt carrier. Its hard.to just get the bolt carrier in the rails and move.forward since I put the Alg akt trigger in. I though it was the hammer needing to.be modified as when I would rack it that's the where it got stuck when it gets close to the hammer. I myself have a draco
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Valuntas:
Had the same exact issue on my Mini Draco. Just filed it down.

On a related note, I began to get a stovepipe issue after install. The only other change at the same time was an engraving.

The hammer design seams to put a different load (ramp angle maybe) on the bolt carrier when its down and being cycled back. It Might just need to wear in a bit, but I started getting stovepipe every 6-10 rounds after install.  Might be something else, but it started right after installing the ATK.
View Quote

I had a similar issue with mine when I installed it yesterday, bolt would hang up on the hammer. I cycled it by hand several times, and after awhile it started to wear in. Took it shooting yesterday afternoon with no issues.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the same issue on mine with the AKT-E.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
If I remember rightly, I had that issue with my PSL.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Same issue in my new Draco. Filed it down till it cleared. Works great now.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top