Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/26/2015 9:40:54 AM EDT
Hi there, I need your help with Troubleshooting.
I just bought a SDM 47, wich is afaik a civilian production line of Norinco. I went to the Range with some Friends and we test fired it side by side with a Cugir/WASR and a Saiga. All in 7.62x39, all Stock and Rifle length and all stamped. The SDM is a Little heavier than the others.

The trouble I am having with my SDM is that it has clearly much more recoil than the Cugir and the Saiga. It kicks like my G3 in .308Win. I have changed the recoilspring and the Flashhider with the Cugir/WASR, but it made no difference. All AK's were shot using the same ammo of cource.

So...What could make the Norinco kick so much harden than the other two AK's???
And what can I do to fix it?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Gunner
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Over gassed maybe?
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Over gassed maybe?
View Quote

This, you have already ruled out the other possible issues
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Only thing to try is using a recoil buffer of some type and/or use one of those grenade launcher, slip on buttpads , But I'm not sure you can get them in Deutschland.

Lots of folk don't like Blackjack Buffers but they've allways been fine for me. I like them since they aren't as thick as Buffertech and other versions. I use the Buffertech type on 556 Norincos, And Blackjack on all others. Occasionally a buffer can interfere with cycling (my AR180B would not run with Blackjack)

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=180&zenid=2b87993c89949bf4186223a3b7ae0a9c

http://www.amazon.com/Buffer-Tech-AK1-AK-47-Recoil/dp/B000BD23E2

http://www.amazon.com/AK-47-MAK-90-Rubber-Recoil-Buffer/dp/B00C326LEM/ref=pd_sim_200_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=31YqadixtNL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1CSHV659Q63D068YAYV9

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Model-Combat-Butt-Pad/dp/B002TUSK06/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1445974881&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=ak+grenade+buttpad

Amazon has many reviewers, so you can get others input.

A complicated fix might be to thead in a gas restrictor to effectively reduce gas volume if your gun is definitely over gassed.

Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for your advice!
I belive its totaly overgassed.
Hard Kick, Different springs and Flashhider changed
nothing. A LOT of Gas in My face!!!

Since I will have the Barrel shortened to 13" anyway, I will not invest into
the old gasport.

What is the right size of the gasport?
Will I Need a differrent size gasport when going down to 13"?
My Plan is to use a venom tac. gasblock.
Will I Need a extra power spring just Cause of the shorter system?

Parts are no Problem in Deutschland as long as they are not from the US
;)
F***ing ITAR

Cheers,

Gunner
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't know port size, but if your over-gassed, your port is oversized for the 16" barrel length. Cutting the barrel back to 13" might be the ticket. If the rifle cycles fine, you're good to go. If it short strokes then you may need to open up the gas port. I'm guessing it should be good for 13" as is.

Edit: Just realized Chinese AKs use a more sloped stock than A traditional AKM pattern. The rifle will feel like it jumps more because of it. You might try fitting an AKM pattern stock to it. Might make a difference
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top