Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2015 11:09:17 PM EDT
So I got a new Iraq contractor AK, Shot it and I was using some steel case rounds, it seems to not keep feeding all the time good for a few then not good. On some rounds it seems like it is not catching the round and feeding into the tube others like the round was coming in cross ways. you think it is the rounds or the cases had 2 both same with same problems. thanks Grizzly
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably a magazine issue or unhalal cartridges. Did you eat bacon before loading them up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
not coating them yet, the mags was ones the come with them I have 2 AKs but just had a chance to shoot one as of now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like your mags sit to low in the rear. Try pulling the mag back when you fire. If that fixes the issue you need a longer mag catch lever, or different mags.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
bolt over base is almost always the mag too low.  Selector stop plate not fitted correctly, then mag catch cut to compensate.

If your mag feed lips are not touching the rails, this is usually the result.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 3:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
not sure if its too late but i bought a contractor ak awhile back and had the exact same problem, sent it to the gun smith and they BS'd me and said it was the mags and charged me 60$ to replace a shapers hook.. i ended up selling it to a sheriffs deputy and bought a new one. The new production WASR 10s have a nice finish and they are reliable! not as cool as the contractor gun though
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top